…the wife will play! Every once in a while K goes on a business trip. I think this is total b.s. because he hates traveling and I love it, but our jobs demand the opposite from us. Grrr. Anyway, he’s been on the road lately (but he’s home now, all you thieves and robbers), and I’ve noticed that my habits change when he’s gone. I kind of revert back to a college student… which is a pathetic version of myself. Haha.
Things I do when K is away:
– I watch horrible, fake, cheesy reality TV. The Bachelor, Amish Mafia, Dance Moms… seriously, my taste in entertainment goes down the toilet when my hubby isn’t around to police me.
– I sleep with a kitchen knife under my pillow. If I can find a normal pocket knife I’ll use that, but usually I’ve got the pink kitchen knife (with the matching blade guard) under my pillow. Here’s the warning: If I believe I’m in danger (or, more importantly, my dogs are in danger), I will shoot/stab/bite you.
– I eat like a starving college kid. Usually I treat myself to some ramen noddles or hamburger helper or McDonalds. I know, I know: I’m awesome at being an independent adult.
– I call my parents a lot. I am introvert through and through, but I can only handle so much alone time. I live in the same town as my ‘rents so if I get super desperate for human interaction I can go eat dinner/hang out with them.
– I spoil the dogs. They miss their dad when he’s away so we usually take an extra walk or hit up a park when Dad’s gone. They also get an abundance of carrots, peanut butter, popcorn, and hamburger meat… Hehe.
– I abandon all good intentions. Last time K left town I was going to paint the spare bedroom (because we finally agreed on a color), organize his desk/filing cabinets, cook some casseroles to freeze, and thoroughly clean my office. Guess what things got done… Nothing. But I did bank 6 episodes of Dance Moms.
– I revert back to my 8 year-old paranoid self. I jump from the “safe zone” into bed. I refuse to go to the basement without some type of light. (And I HATE going into the unfinished utility room or attic. Last year I convinced myself that someone lived in the attic.) And if the dogs start barking? I go into red door alert mode. The paranoia is real, man.
– I go shopping. I do this when K is home, too, but I usually treat myself to a trip to the “bigger cities” around us and spend some unnecessary dough at Starbucks and Target.
– Daily chores get done. I stink at completing big tasks, but I do actually vacuum, wash dishes, and start/finish laundry. I even make the bed each morning. I hate doing this while he’s home because… I don’t know. I’m just more productive when it’s me and the dogs.
We will be spending Valentine’s Day apart and I told him that I was going to take myself to see 50 Shades of Grey. This is a total joke because I didn’t read the book and I have no interest in spending +$10 on a porno, but I’m curious. If only it was on Netflix… Maybe it will be by K’s next business trip.
What do you do when you’re spending time on your own? We all have bad/lazy habits!