Another Weekend in the Books | #gratefulheart

Short & sweet today, friends. I’m home from my girls’ beach vacation and last night I felt incredibly blessed to open the back door to two excited dogs and a cheerful husband. What did I do to deserve such unconditional love? I am so grateful for the opportunity to travel and relax with friends. I’m also incredibly thankful to have a husband that holds down the fort and doubles the love for the dogs for a few days in my absence. I also got a 1am phone call, which can be a really good thing or a really bad thing, and thankfully it was excellent news! (More on that later- I promise!)

For now, I’m happy to be back at work, back in Ohio, and back to my side of the king-size bed, smothered by dogs and soothed by K’s breathing.

Beach1

. . .

Beach3

. . .

Beach2

Louise

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

8 thoughts on “Another Weekend in the Books | #gratefulheart

1. Summer September 28, 2015 / 12:32 pm

It is so good that you can be happy to be back♥♥

chocolateandsunset.com

• Louise September 28, 2015 / 1:41 pm

I agree, Summer! Thanks for the comment! 🙂

2. Whitney September 28, 2015 / 4:05 pm

Love your photos, what book are you reading in the picture?

• Louise September 28, 2015 / 4:35 pm

Thanks, Whitney! I’m reading Love & Treasure by Ayelet Waldman. It’s so much easier to find time to read at the beach, so I’m really hoping to keep that motivation and finish it this week!

• Louise September 29, 2015 / 8:11 am

It’s been a really, really long time since I’ve gone away with the girls! It was definitely a nice break from the day to day schedule!!

• Louise September 30, 2015 / 3:29 pm

Despite the icky forecast we had fairly good weather and it never stopped us from going down to the beach! I’m so glad since we were only there for three days!!