Good Tidings We Bring

We’re less than two weeks away from Christmas and I still haven’t seen a flake of snow in this town… but at least our home is festive. We had an ugly sweater party last year but this year we’re not hosting any Christmas shindigs. Since no one will be witnessing our decorations I decided I will just share some pictures here!

IMG_2498

. . .

IMG_2499

. . .

IMG_2500
Love my art from AmberThomasMakes !

. . .

IMG_2502
Cute little Lylee cameo

. . .

IMG_2504

. . .

IMG_2505

. . .

IMG_2506

. . .

Photo quality is lacking, but the house looks best at night so I tried to capture my pictures in the evening. Now we just need to stock the house with hot cocoa and hope for some snow. (I was just told about the Holiday Home Tour– linking up now!)

We’re getting so close to Christmas (yay!) and the new year, and I’m so grateful to share my home with those I love ❤️

-Louise

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

20 thoughts on “Good Tidings We Bring

1. Lindsay December 14, 2015 / 8:48 am

Love it! I failed on decorations this year… My tree still isn’t done! Love your nutcracker collection!

• Louise December 14, 2015 / 12:34 pm

There are some bare spots around the house that I had high hopes for… but I’ll just tackle them next year 🙂 The nutcracker collection was/is unintentional- I just have so many! Haha!

2. Rebecca Jo December 14, 2015 / 9:34 am

I love the sled by the front door. That brings back memories for this old gal 🙂

• Louise December 14, 2015 / 12:36 pm

Thanks Rebecca! I found it after the holidays last year for super cheap! It was just what the front porch needed. It drives me crazy how bare our porch is… hopefully we can get some chairs out there this summer!

3. chelsea jacobs December 14, 2015 / 10:41 am

That fox stocking is so cute! And I love the sled by the door!

• Louise December 14, 2015 / 12:37 pm

Thank you!! (I found it at a Cracker Barrel) That’s Enzo’s stocking! He didn’t get one his first year since he was adopted so close to Xmas, but when I saw it I knew I had to have it and he was the last one to need a stocking!

4. Michelle December 14, 2015 / 2:35 pm

Looks so cozy and inviting. You should link it up at Our Pretty Little Girls home decor link up today/this week. Going on till Christmas. People love to look into other’s homes. Here is the link: http://www.ourprettylittlegirls.com. Visiting from ember grey’s grateful heart.

• Louise December 14, 2015 / 2:53 pm

Oooh, thanks for the link-up suggestion, Michelle!! I linked-up and threw the link in the post 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!!

5. Mattie December 14, 2015 / 11:08 pm

Your house is super cute, as are all of your decorations! Umm are you obsessed with foxes too?! I spied a bunch in your pictures and I want allll of them!

• Louise December 15, 2015 / 8:36 am

Yes yes! I don’t know why but I just love foxes! Our wedding cake toppers were actually two little foxes 😀 I try not to overrun the house with them, but above the kitchen cabinets is decorated with foxes and we have a TON of fox ornaments. And of course Enzo’s stocking 🙂

6. shelldbell December 15, 2015 / 9:50 am

I’m kind of obsessed with your wood stove. I want a wood stove. I love how festive your house is!

• Louise December 15, 2015 / 11:51 am

Thanks! I love the stove! When we were house hunting I had my heart set on a large kitchen, a specific room for laundry, a good front porch, and a fireplace. I think I actually love our little stove MORE than a fireplace 🙂

7. erin (everything with love) December 15, 2015 / 11:36 am

that fox wine sweater is amazing! in fact, all of the foxes you have are amazing. thanks for sharing, I love peeking into people’s homes around the holidays (okay, all the time!).

• Louise December 15, 2015 / 11:52 am

We might have a fox problem in our home… 😀 I actually have THREE of those wine sweaters (all gifted to me). I only have one on a bottle, but one is on the tree and one is in storage. I love looking at other homes, too! My mom and I actually did a Christmas heritage home tour last Sunday and visited 10 homes! Haha!

8. Charlene December 15, 2015 / 11:38 am

So cute! Love all the stuff on your mantel. I guess you call that a mantel around your furnace?

• Louise December 15, 2015 / 11:54 am

I definitely call it a mantel! It’s a little awkward when trying to hang stockings but this year I got creative with the unused curtain rod! My winter wonderland scape on the ledge is my favorite thing to put up! And thank you!

9. embergrey December 15, 2015 / 11:34 pm

So pretty!! I love how sweet your dog is sitting for the picture 😉 Your home is beautiful, that fox stocking is the best!

• Louise December 16, 2015 / 8:54 am

Thanks, Emily! I think she was hungry and I caught her sitting nicely JUST before the howling at me started 😉 The fox stocking is my favorite, but I’m too commit to matching K’s snowman stocking to switch the ownership around 🙂

10. chelsea @ the new wifestyle December 16, 2015 / 8:10 pm

your home is so so festive! white lights on houses are my very favorite!!! glad you are getting in season and now fingers crossed for snow!

• Louise December 17, 2015 / 8:50 am

Thank you! My husband is #TeamWhiteLights so it’s the only kind I can put on the house or tree… I told him if our future children want color light someday he’s out of luck, but for now I can handle the white 😉