Monday Morning Gratitude

Last week I took a personality test that revealed my introverted tendencies. I use the word “revealed” loosely, since I’m already well aware of this trait. My head table consists of a husband, two best friends, and a very small handful of good friends. This weekend I was fortunate enough to spend my time with one of those best friends.

After work I kissed K goodbye and headed south to spend a girls’ night with my friend Kayla. We’ve known each other for a long time and frequented the same halls in high school, but our friendship solidified while we were in college. (Yay for mutual friends!) I love visiting Kayla because she’s one of those people that I can be 100% real with. We sing Justin Bieber (NO JUDGEMENT!) at the top of our lungs, waste hours in Target, and joke about the side-effects of our Indian food dinner. (TMI?) Not to mention her fur baby Ernie get so excited when I visit!

Saturday she made me breakfast and, since I don’t have a huge shopping center in my town, we took advantage of H&M, Lush, and The Disney Store. I always feel so refreshed after a weekend of girl time- it’s nice to unwind and relax with someone that’s totally ok with my weird, quirky personality.

I hope you did something fun this weekend! Tell me about it! ❤︎

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

20 thoughts on “Monday Morning Gratitude

1. Rebecca Jo January 25, 2016 / 7:47 am

I love it… Target, singing loud & Disney Store… sounds perfect & soul refreshing 🙂

• Louise January 25, 2016 / 9:06 am

I love doing “big city” shopping when I visit Kayla 🙂 The Disney Store and Target are some of the happiest places on earth (next to DW of course, lol)!

2. embergrey January 25, 2016 / 12:12 pm

LOVE that time with our bffs!!! I’m so glad you got that. I love that you two had a sleepover – I will get that with my bffs in March and cannot wait.

• Louise January 25, 2016 / 1:31 pm

Sometimes it feels so good to get out of town and do fun things with the girls! (K doesn’t care for Indian food or shopping, so he didn’t miss out on anything!) It makes me appreciate my bed more, too, since I’m usually ready to crash with happy exhaustion once I’m home!

3. Elyse January 25, 2016 / 1:32 pm

I love girls weekends! I love my husband but there’s something about the wonderful camaraderie of best girl friends – especially when it feels like no time has even passed since we’ve seen or talked to each other.

• Louise January 25, 2016 / 4:11 pm

I think our husbands totally get it- sometimes we just need another woman to sing and shop and pamper ourselves alongside!

• Louise January 25, 2016 / 4:12 pm

Thanks, lady! It was a fun weekend 🙂 I hope you’re doing something fun tonight/this week for your birthday!!!

4. erin (everything with love) January 25, 2016 / 3:33 pm

UPDATE PER OUR TWITTER CONVO: I took that test two times and I’m officially and ESFJ-A. I feel better coming to terms with it and knowing once and for all haha.

• Louise January 25, 2016 / 4:13 pm

Yaaaay!!! You should celebrate your personality!! Go do some extrovert-y, feeling-ish activity 😀 I didn’t even try to tackle that last letter, haha! I got a “T”!

5. Kari January 25, 2016 / 3:49 pm

Sounds like a lovely time! I need one of those girls weekends pretty soon. I love my husband, but I don’t remember the last time I got to go to Target. Ha!

• Louise January 25, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Yes yes! Kayla lives two hours away and my other BFF has a 1-year old so most of my Target trips are solo, but I love browsing the store with my gal pals beside me!

6. LIndsay January 25, 2016 / 9:47 pm

So glad you had a good, relaxing weekend! That kind of stuff soothes the soul. Hope you have a wonderful week!

• Louise January 26, 2016 / 8:16 am

Thank you, Lindsay! I hope you do, too!!

7. Charlene January 26, 2016 / 10:13 am

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

• Louise January 26, 2016 / 3:41 pm

It was nice to get away for a night and relax! 🙂

8. caitlin @ candyfloss & persie January 26, 2016 / 1:19 pm

Sounds like a weekend that was good for the soul! I miss girls’ nights since moving states. Would love one right about now.

• Louise January 26, 2016 / 3:41 pm

Awww, you should fit in some solo pampering time if a girls’ weekend isn’t feasible! It was definitely a refreshing weekend 🙂 Thanks for the comment, Caitlin!

9. Run Wright January 29, 2016 / 11:52 am

Sounds like a great weekend. Spending time with girlfriends is always a winner!

• Louise January 29, 2016 / 2:19 pm

Absolutely! Her parents live in my town so sometimes we hang out here and sometimes I get to travel a bit and see her! 🙂