The Words That Surround Me.

I rarely talk about my full time job, but I spend a lot of time (at least 40 hours a week) in my little office. Most of the day is spent in front of a computer typing +80 page appraisal reports; I often describe myself as a technical writer. Sometimes the monotony gets to me, but I’m usually pretty content to spend my day in my own space surrounded by my choice of music & my own little trinkets & my post-its of quotes I adore.

And today I’m going to share my quotes with you. These words get me through the hours or the weeks or the months.

Quote 1

Quote 2

Quote 3

Quote 4

Quote 5

Quote 6

Quote 7

Quote 8

Quote 9

What quote(s) do you post around the house or office? Do you have a motto or favorite?

lion_king_quote
…I couldn’t resist.

14 thoughts on “The Words That Surround Me.

1. erin (everything with love) February 10, 2016 / 9:30 am

oh man, give me a c.s. lewis quote any day of the week. have you ever read “the screwtape letters” by him? chock full of amazing quotes, I tell you!

• Louise February 10, 2016 / 2:05 pm

I haven’t read anything by C.S. Lewis other than a few book from the Narnia Chronicles. I definitely keep putting his name on my mental to-read list, but I haven’t picked anything up yet! I’ll go add that on Goodreads, though! Then I won’t forget!

2. Laura @ Life with Lolo February 10, 2016 / 10:54 am

I love this! I really love the first two especially. My favorites I keep around me are ” You’re never fully dressed without a smile” (Annie musical) and “What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” -E.H.

• Louise February 10, 2016 / 2:06 pm

I love your positive quotes! You can’t help but be happy when you read those words or repeat them in your head!

3. Rebecca Jo February 10, 2016 / 11:23 am

I have the scripture from Philippians right on my white board in front of me at work 🙂
    I am a quote NERD – I cant ever get enough of them. Words have power.

I also keep on my desk at work the words “Whatever you focus on increases”… keep an eye on the positive!

• Louise February 10, 2016 / 2:08 pm

I told my grandma that was my favorite scripture and THE NEXT WEEK she gave me a gorgeous black and white plaque with the verse. It was totally my style and I was so impressed by her efficiency and generosity! I like that little reminder about productivity!!

4. chelsea @ the new wifestyle February 10, 2016 / 11:47 am

um huge YAY for you sharing these! i love the first one about anxiety, the feminist one from maya and the one from tina fey! these are excellent and may need to add them to my next work space….thanks for sharing!

• Louise February 10, 2016 / 2:09 pm

Ha, I feel like the Tina Fey quote is so brutal and crass, but I just really love the point she makes! Every once in a while one of these quotes catches my eye and it ends up being JUST what I needed to read in that moment 🙂

5. Mattie February 10, 2016 / 1:52 pm

These are great! I love the feminist quotes and the quote about being selfless! The Lion King joke at the end was also perfect.

• Louise February 10, 2016 / 2:10 pm

Thank you! My husband would’ve been SO disappointed in me if I said/typed the word “motto” and didn’t squeeze in a Lion King reference 😉 Haha!

6. kristen February 10, 2016 / 3:48 pm

i don’t have any quotes up around my office / desk womp womp. sometimes i change my desktop one though. love the lion king one, and the maya angelou & tina fey ones are spot on!

• Louise February 10, 2016 / 4:28 pm

Your desktop counts! I’m so obsessed with keeping things neat and tidy- I’m constantly re-writing the quotes I have around or condensing and moving them. Haha!

• Louise February 11, 2016 / 9:29 am

Thanks! Me, too! I tried to narrow my list down (and my post-its around my office) because I could get quote-crazy up in here… haha!