Favorites & Love

Hey. It’s Friday.
On Monday I posted a picture of my planner showcasing the totally free, unscheduled week I had ahead of me. It was nice and relaxing and I only forced myself to do a little housework. This weekend is open, too. And K’s home for once. My little simple heart is quite happy.

life_as_louise_favorites

So before I point you in the direction of other bloggers, let’s chill here for a minute.

Over the weekend DCI (Drum Corps International) had its finally competition in Indianapolis. K went, I stayed home. Here’s a super short clip from the 2016 Champs (The Bluecoats from Canton, OH!) that makes me laugh every time:

Maybe you saw this clip circulating the internet this season. That’s another drum corps.
Also, the cart she’s playing behind was built by my husband’s company 🙂

Moving on.

This week I got a GoodReads notification that Shilpi Somaya Gowda liked my review of her book! So that was cool. (Are we friends on GoodReads? Because we should be!)

And now some blogs for you 🙂

• Rebecca Jo hits the nail on the head when it comes to life-timelines!
  • Christine takes her first whack at bullet journaling and it’s pure perfection! When I finally pull the trigger I’m looking to her for organization & artistic inspiration!
  • My IRL good friend Aubrey started a blog! Remember I talked about her in this post? Now she’s a fitness goddess and cooking guru!
  • Emily’s advice on parenting one’s self is so, so good!

Fingers-crossed that today flies by and I’m on my front porch with a glass of wine before I know it! What’re you doing this weekend?

20 thoughts on “Favorites & Love

1. erin (everything with love) August 19, 2016 / 9:16 am

this weekend I’ve overbooked myself by promising to attend a surprise 30th birthday party for a dear friend THREE AND A HALF HOURS AWAY. and I can only go for a night because we’re throwing Amelia a family birthday party on Sunday night and I have to get back to get ready. nothing like burning the candle at both ends while 32 weeks pregnant…although I might as well do all this stuff while I can! have a fabulous weekend lady!

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:31 am

You had a busy weekend! I hope the surprise party was a success! Happy Birthday to Amelia!! I bet her party was a blast!

2. chelsea @ the new wifestyle August 19, 2016 / 9:28 am

mmmm front porch with a glass of wine – have one for me too!!! i need to do more research on bullet journaling – thanks for listing a good resource!

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:32 am

I really want to check out bullet journaling, but I’m just not ready for it yet. Haha. If that makes sense? You are SO CLOSE to being able to indulge in wine again! 😉

3. Rebecca Jo August 19, 2016 / 10:50 am

ahhh – baby skunks.
    I gotta go check out the blog post on bullet journaling – I’m doing that for next year & actually going to start setting up my 2017 calendar in one this weekend. I’ve been eyeing this stuff for MONTHS on Pinterest – excited to start getting it together.
    Gotta go visit your friend’s blog 🙂 I love when people you know jump into blog world too

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:33 am

I love how their little tails bounce when they walk 🙂
      I saw some of your photos/snaps from bullet journaling!! Looks great!

4. Elyse August 19, 2016 / 10:59 am

We are so close to wine! I want to be friends with you on Goodreads but I definitely feel a bit self-conscious…lol I read some pretty weird books…

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:34 am

I am not a book judge-r!! It takes me FOREVER to get through a book so as long as you don’t judge me for that I will definitely not judge you for what you read! Add me!

5. Mattie August 19, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Love that you shared Rebecca’s post! And how cool that the author liked your review! Total #goals!

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:37 am

I really love when I read a blog post and nod my head ‘yes’ the entire time. That’s how I felt about Rebecca’s 🙂
      The author liked me tweet later on, too! I think we’re bffs now.

6. simplyalexandra12 August 19, 2016 / 2:32 pm

I love weeks that are super low on plans! They are just the best. 🙂 That’s so awesome about goodreads. I FREAK OUT when someone famous favorites a tweet or IG pic. This would be just as exciting for me! 🙂 XO – Alexandra

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:43 am

I think unscheduled weeks tend to go slower, but sometimes that’s a good time 😉 K worked all weekend so I had a pretty laid back Sat. and Sun., too! This week isn’t too crazy either! Thank goodness because out July was INSANE.

7. Nadine August 19, 2016 / 3:03 pm

I hope you enjoy your free weekend!!! Clearly you are famous now because of that like on goodreads 🙂

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:44 am

Haha, clearly. I’m now ONLY friends with published authors 😉
      Hope you had a good weekend!!

8. Olya @ The Siberian American August 19, 2016 / 4:26 pm

A front porch with a glass of wine sounds like perfection! 🙂 I am always super happy when Chris is off for a whole weekend too! It’s the little things. 🙂

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:48 am

Last night was a cool one so I was trying to enjoy my time on the front porch with a book. But we had ONLY two episodes of The Newsroom to finish and my husband suddenly appeared in the door and goes, “What are you doing?!! Get in here! We have to finish The Newsroom!”
      Lol. So much for front porch sitting. Ha.

9. Susannah August 19, 2016 / 7:50 pm

That’s so cool that you had an author like your review!!!!!! That makes you a big time book reviewer, right??? 😉

• Louise August 22, 2016 / 8:41 am

Haha, maybe?? 😀 I wish I was a faster reader- then I’d feel a little more “big time.” Lol!

10. lifeasunusuals August 22, 2016 / 4:48 am

Befriending you on Goodreads right now!