A Wild Weekend Means a Grateful Heart

I’m having a hard time believing that today is Monday. This was one of those weekends that had no slow moments- but I enjoyed every single second. Originally today’s post was going to be about what I read in September, but that only included one book… ha. (I’m still working on the three I mentioned here, but there was no time to read this weekend.) In lieu of a book review, I’m linking up with Emily for Grateful Heart Monday!

This weekend included time with my family and more landscaping, drinks at home with friends and late, late nights out at the bars, birthday celebrations and comfortable, lazy mornings.

Saturday afternoon/night was the absolute best. Aubrey & I met up and headed to Columbus to surprise Kayla and hit the bars for her birthday. The three of us were friends in high school but really cemented that bond in college- despite being at different universities. Our fourth high school amigo, Emily, just gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl and happens to live in Columbus, too. We were able to stopped and visit her and meet Gracyn before the shenanigans started. It was a little surreal to see Em with a perfect baby in her arms.

A little later, three of Kayla’s local friends joined us to pre-game the night. Guys, the bar scene in Columbus- oh man. I should’ve trained for that event 🙂 We started at 9pm and uber-ed home at 2am. The night was 100% perfection and filled with dancing, drinks, music, and laughter. Honestly, it was an incredibly amazing night and I’m so grateful for my friends. The three of us live in different cities and I feel so lucky that we can get together and have a carefree night on the town. My heart is so full, even if my body’s exhausted.

bdaywknd

So that was my weekend. Now I’m sitting in our basement on our new den furniture. (K insisted we take advantage of the BigLots 20% off sale and obtain this chaise/chair/ottoman combo he’s been lusting over.) Tell me about your weekend in comments!

A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

20 thoughts on “A Wild Weekend Means a Grateful Heart

1. Elyse October 3, 2016 / 10:40 am

Friend weekends are the best! They are so good for the soul, aren’t they? Glad you had an awesome weekend!

• Louise October 9, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Thank you! It was a really fun weekend 🙂

2. Rebecca Jo October 3, 2016 / 11:06 am

You should have trained – that made me laugh.
    Nothing like a great girls night out 🙂
    you look so super cute!!!

• Louise October 9, 2016 / 8:57 pm

Thank you! It was fun to have a worry-free night with friends!

3. SMD @ Life According to Steph October 3, 2016 / 11:18 am

Any time spent with friends being carefree and having fun is worth all the gold in the universe.

Happy furniture shopping today!

• Louise October 9, 2016 / 8:57 pm

I totally agree 🙂 Girls’ nights/weekends are the absolute best!

• Louise October 9, 2016 / 8:59 pm

It’s so odd. I’ve known Aubrey & Kayla for YEARS but our friendship really happened once we were in college. Aubrey and I were together off and on through hs but once we all split for college we started working really hard to see each other on breaks 🙂

4. lifeasunusuals October 3, 2016 / 2:18 pm

Sounds like a very energetic weekend! I spent energy of the cleaning kind (again) we tackled the last part of the house for the big clean and then we played Portal 2 together and baked on Sunday!

• Louise October 9, 2016 / 9:00 pm

Our weekends have been insane and these next three are jam packed, too!

5. Nadine October 3, 2016 / 2:19 pm

What a fun weekend!!! And 2 am? Go you party girl! I love the furniture you guys got.

• Louise October 11, 2016 / 6:47 pm

Ha, 2 am is NOT the norm for me. Typically I’m in bed before we even started! And thank you!

6. StephTheBookworm October 3, 2016 / 3:57 pm

Aw, sounds like you had a blast! I love nights with my best friends… there’s nothing else like it!

Love your new furniture set! We’ve gotten A LOT of our furniture at Big Lots and usually have pretty good luck with it.

• Louise October 11, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Thank you! We have a lot of Big Lots furniture, too 🙂 They have some pretty modern, inexpensive stuff!

7. texerinsydney October 4, 2016 / 1:53 am

I want that chair/chaise/ottoman set.
    Those kinds of nights out with girlfriends are just the best.

• Louise October 11, 2016 / 6:50 pm

My husband is a sucker for anything grey. Haha. Pair it with yellow/tan and he’s sold.

8. Carolann October 4, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Spending quality time with old friends is the best! Friends that last over the long busy years, living in different cities, are friends for life. I love when my friends come to visit me in Hawaii because there is no work, no responsibilities, it’s just a vacation. Lots of coffee and lots of wine and lots of talking.

• Louise October 11, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Oh man- I wish one of my friends lived in Hawaii 😉 Right now Kayla is in Columbus and Aubrey is in Cleveland- and I’m in our tiny, rural hometown. Haha. Unless they’re visiting home, usually I go to them!

9. Julie Hood October 4, 2016 / 9:43 pm

Haha you wild rebel! Last time I went out like that was for a friend’s bachelorette party. Sounds like fun and you look awesome!!!! 🙂

• Louise October 11, 2016 / 6:52 pm

Thank you! Sometimes it’s so fun to put on some bold make-up and have a carefree night! It was definitely what we all needed 🙂