Silly Songs with Audrey

(Did you get that? It was a Veggie Tales reference #lame Hahaha.)

Today is my Friday and, in celebration of that, I’m sharing some of my favorite jams that define my life, courtesy of Alyssa‘s Back to Blogging non-challenge challenge!

I’ve seen Kathy and Nadine do this already and I didn’t think I’d be able to come up with anything, but they’ve inspired meΒ  πŸ™‚ I’ve settled on a solid five.

How I’ll Always BeΒ  [Tim McGraw]

“I’m a little more beer bottle beer joint than a fancy bar | I’m a little more sitting up high on the road than a little car | I’m a little more bust ya back than take it for free”

“I’ll always be a fan of ol’ stray dogs and guitars playin’ | One room churches, back road walks and front porch swingin’ | Sunset skies, bonfire nights, I love the simple things | That’s how I’ll always be”

. . .

Grey Street [Dave Matthews Band]

“Oh look at how she listens | She says nothing of what she thinks | She just goes stumbling through her memories | Staring out on to Grey Street”

. . .

Feel That Fire [Dierks Bentley]

“She wants to wear my shirt to bed | She wants to make every stray a pet | And drive around in my truck with no place to go”

. . .

Caught Up In You [38 Special]

“So caught up in you | Little girl | That I never wanna get myself free | And baby it’s true | You’re the one | Who caught me, baby you taught me | How good it could be”

*Can we please just appreciate how 80s this video is?? Hehe

. . .

Crazy [Ben Rector]

“Last night was crazy, yeah we tore it up again | Kicked off our shoes and went to bed by 9pm | We were balling and Netflix | We turned it up to ten | Last night was crazy”

. . .

I have always been a huge music person, and there are a million songs that I just love, but I wanted to limit this post to ones that I really felt define my life. Our couples song didn’t make the list this time (I’ll Be by Edwin McCain), nor did the song I walked down the aisle to (Baby Blue by DMB). Both great songs, but not necessarily life-definingΒ  πŸ™‚ (K is also upset I didn’t share You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate because I tend to sing it loudly when I drink a little too much.)

If you haven’t already done the link-up, what songs define your life?

alyssagoesbang

28 thoughts on “Silly Songs with Audrey

1. chelseajacobs October 19, 2016 / 8:15 am

Feel that fire is me too!! I love your choices here.

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:23 pm

I heard that song a few years ago and I was like, “THAT IS SO ME” hahaha! πŸ™‚ Thank you!

2. kathy @ more coffee, less talky October 19, 2016 / 10:40 am

wtf i must be super old because i know none of these songs. i need to turn on the radio more instead of only listening to the 80s/90s songs on my phone LOL

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:24 pm

Whaaa?? Haha! The only newer ones are the Tim McGraw one and Ben Rector song, haha πŸ˜€

3. Christina October 19, 2016 / 10:47 am

This is soo fun! I LOVE Dave Matthews Band! & “Crazy” is such a fun one!

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:25 pm

I was sure I wouldn’t be able to come up with three, let alone five! Ha!

4. Rebecca Jo October 19, 2016 / 10:48 am

You know I’m gonna go with Beauty & the Beast πŸ˜‰ my answer to anything music/movie/tv πŸ˜‰

I love your variety.
    38 Special – CLASSIC!!!!

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:27 pm

Beauty & The Beast is PERFECT for you, though! So it works!!

K and I love 38 Special! Haha!

5. Nadine October 19, 2016 / 11:27 am

I love that Tim McGraw song and I’ll Be ALMOST made it on my list too!!!

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:30 pm

Ah, that Tim McGraw one is everything!! ❀ I'll Be is our song and it was really relatable when we were young, but not so much now πŸ˜‰ haha

6. Donna October 19, 2016 / 12:22 pm

I’ve been slowly working on this post but it’s hard to choose just a few! I feel like at least one Tim McGraw song will make the cut though, although I could almost choose songs solely from his discography. I LOVE the Veggie Tales reference!

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:33 pm

When I first read through the challenge prompts I was sure I wouldn’t be able to come up with one. Then I got started and had to cap it at five! Haha!

7. alyssa October 19, 2016 / 12:24 pm

Grey Street is one of my top five favorite DMB songsβ€”love it so, so much! Baby Blue is a sweet one too πŸ™‚

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:35 pm

Ahhhh, me too! It’s so sadly sweet ❀ They have some really beautiful songs.

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:36 pm

Me too!! Haha, I can’t sit still when it’s on! I have to groove, lol!

8. Mattie October 19, 2016 / 12:50 pm

I’ve never heard Crazy by Ben Rector but just that little snippet you posted makes me think it defines my life too!!! Hahaha. Also, I LOVE that you sing You Sexy Thing when you’re tipsy.

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:38 pm

Ben Rector is one of our favorites πŸ™‚ We’ve seen him live twice and he’s wonderful!!

Nah, girl. Full on DRUNK has to happen before I launch into, “I believe in miracles…” Hahaha!

9. Olya @ The Siberian American October 19, 2016 / 2:29 pm

I used to LOVE Ben Rector in college but haven’t listened to him in a while. Love that song you posted. πŸ™‚ I can’t remember if I’ve already told you this, but our couples song is also by Edwin McCain (I Could Not Ask for More).

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:39 pm

I remembered someone else having a connection to Edwin McCain- his songs are just so lovely ❀

Ben Rector is one of our favs. His newest album is AWESOME!

10. Susannah October 19, 2016 / 6:28 pm

Theses are some great songs! And the blog post title is priceless. πŸ˜‰

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Haha, thank you πŸ˜‰ I wondered if anyone would find it as chuckle-worthy as I did. Ha!

11. Elyse October 20, 2016 / 6:36 pm

Dave Matthews Band is awesome!

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:41 pm

SO GREAT! We love them so much ❀

12. texerinsydney October 20, 2016 / 10:00 pm

.38 Special!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you’ve made this old gal happy by including that song.
    Oh, how I wish I could see a video of your rendition of “You Sexy Thang” haha.

• Louise October 22, 2016 / 7:43 pm

I love that song SO much πŸ˜€

I believe the last time I started into that song was at a wedding in August. My father-in-law was quite amused! Haha!

13. Carly November 1, 2016 / 2:16 pm

When I saw your post title on the linkup I was thinking, PLEASE let this be a Veggie Tails reference! Love Ben Rector!

• Louise November 3, 2016 / 9:41 pm

We love Ben Rector! We saw him live for a second time this year and it was so great! I’m a huge fan of his newest album!