Chats with K (Roadtrip Edition)

If this is your very first time ever coming to my blog then you should know that K is my husband.

kyle2

During lunch at Boardwalk on the Beach.
K *slides car keys to me*: My beer is 10% alcohol…
Me: Well I just ordered moonshine so… it appears we’ll be shopping a little longer.

. . .

As we’re leaving the hotel for the day…
Me: Got a room key?
K: Yeah.
Me: Car key?
K: Yeah.
Me: Phone?
K: Yes, dear. Anything else?
Me: …got your wallet?
K: Yes.
Me: Then I think we’re all good!

. . .

We were discussing a 2017 wedding in which we’re helping with the canine attendant.
Me: This is like your dream wedding, Mr. Anti-Social! You can avoid all the guests because you’re bringing a dog to the wedding!
K: I always bring a dog to weddings.
Me: You are not funny.

. . .

I would bet that this man has NEVER made cookie dough.
I guarantee this smart-aleck has never made cookie dough in his life.

. . .

During the Halloween party.
Party guest: Do you guys have some drinks or liquor?
My brother: I have never known this house not to have alcohol in it.*

*Taken as a compliment, yo.

. . .

img_4474
Sometimes we make big decisions together. Sometimes he talks to my dad.

. . .

Never a dull moment, guys…

Happy Hump Day!

34 thoughts on “Chats with K (Roadtrip Edition)

1. Erin (everything with love) November 16, 2016 / 6:20 am

I just love posts like these! I feel like I get to know you so much more when I read them. I think I’d like to hang out with you two fun kids in real life!

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:44 pm

I always grin when I get to read inside conversations between bloggers and their significant others- especially when the s/o is as “charming” as mine. Hahaha! He’s a pretty good time to be around πŸ™‚

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:45 pm

When I get the text back from him I was like, ‘Wha…?? OH my gosh.’ He’s such a cheeseball. Hahaha.

2. Rebecca Jo November 16, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Did you really drink moonshine? I have to ask because the last wedding I did, a groomsman had some from TN that he brought for the reception. The smell of it legit gave me a headache. It was HARSSHHHHHHH

I just am excited about a wedding having a dog attendant!!!! … that comment though? Give a punch in the gut for that one πŸ™‚

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:48 pm

It was a mixed drink, but the alcohol component was moonshine, haha! When we go to the races in TN they always have a moonshine tent set up, too!

He’s such a turd. When I was reading this blog to him to get his “ok” on posting it he started snickering all over again at that conversation! Little rat….. haha!

3. kristen November 16, 2016 / 12:37 pm

hahahaha love the last one. sometimes i talk to his mom about things and he’s like wait, don’t i get a say? not really haha. and seriously, the amount of times we’ve had to go back up to a room because someone left something behind, i always do the check all the things before we leave now

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:49 pm

I got that text from him and I was like, ‘Um….. I missed the part where you’re married to my dad!??’ Haha. It’s ridiculous, but he’d have called me to discuss it I probably would’ve told him to talk to my dad. Hahahahaha.

4. Stephanie November 16, 2016 / 1:30 pm

hahaha I would have smacked him for the dog one, but it really is SO funny. Comedian, that one.

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:50 pm

He’s too quick sometimes. Both in witty remarks and in moment- he dodged me before I could smack him for that. Ha.

5. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) November 16, 2016 / 1:33 pm

Moonshine, for real? I have never tasted it but it certainly conjures up memories of the good ‘ol days of watching Dukes of Hazzard! The cookie dough comment is the best.

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:51 pm

It was a mixed drink so it definitely wasn’t just STRAIGHT moonshine, haha. It was a yummy drink!

6. Mattie November 16, 2016 / 1:37 pm

“I always bring a dog to weddings” hahaha omg, totally something Michael would say too. And that comment about alcohol is totally a compliment.

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:53 pm

He said it and I was just like, ‘Dammit. I set myself up for that.’ He’s a turd-head. Haha.

When Fred said it I thought, DAMN RIGHT. Hahahahaha!

7. shelldbell November 16, 2016 / 2:01 pm

Hahaha, I have to do the run down with James too before he goes somewhere! Otherwise he will inevitably forget something. James is also known for talking to my dad about big decisions.

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 7:54 pm

I didn’t mean to, but once I started listing things I just kept going. Until we got to the wallet. That was the most important πŸ˜‰

8. Nadine November 16, 2016 / 2:56 pm

The dog one is mean! They always think they are so smart and quick, you know? Chris just automatically assumes that I am his DD for everything. Last year we were in Gatlinburg and went and did Moonshine Tastings and Whiskey Tastings back to back and I got DRUNK from the free alcohol. Chris was like ummmm what is going on here??? YOU ARE THE DD!!!! Oops. Luckily we had hours left to walk around and I was completely sober when we left.

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 8:00 pm

K NEVER drinks liquor and I usually get a mixed drink at dinner or when we’re on vacation. Typically his beer isn’t so strong so it all works out, ha. After we hit a few more stores we were more than ok, but when he first said something about driving I was like, “Nooooooo….”, haha!

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 8:02 pm

So long as he had his wallet we were good to go πŸ˜‰ Ha!

9. chelsea @ the new wifestyle November 16, 2016 / 4:32 pm

haha the cookie dough one – i like how he just rolled with it! i totally love hearing conversations into other people’s relationships so thanks for sharing so i can get my fill

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 8:09 pm

Ha, no problem!

When he texted me back I was so confused for half a second. Lol!

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 8:09 pm

He is FULL of quick comebacks. Ha.

10. Rachel G November 17, 2016 / 4:35 am

See, I always ask Angel about keys, wallet, phone, etc. when we leave the house because guaranteed he’s left at least one of them behind. And my parents can convince Angel to do anything–they are far more persuasive than I am, I want to know their secrets…

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 8:13 pm

Sometimes I’ll say that I have to call my dad and tell him something and K’s like, “Oh I already talked to him today. He’s doing XYZ so you’ll have to wait to call him until later.” I’m like… do you guys just chit chat all day or what?!

11. Patricia November 17, 2016 / 3:37 pm

You guys are starting to look alike! πŸ™‚ Usually happens to married folks, I guess. When he does make cookie dough, don’t forget to document it! πŸ˜‰

• Louise November 19, 2016 / 8:15 pm

Ha! That’s too funny! My own brother looks nothing like me and people assume WE’RE a couple. Ha.

12. Elyse November 19, 2016 / 8:39 pm

I love hearing other people’s conversations. Makes me feel like Andrew and I aren’t the only weird ones…lol I swear that’s a compliment!

• Louise November 20, 2016 / 8:00 pm

Hahaha, I took it as a compliment πŸ˜‰ We’re such weirdos. I wish I’d remember to jot down our conversations more often! There are some gems that go unrecorded.

13. texerinsydney November 20, 2016 / 11:09 pm

I love how he was ready to “come up with something” for the party.
    Moonshine and 10% alcohol in beer? You two sound like my kind of peeps.

• Louise November 22, 2016 / 2:42 pm

He’s such a fibber, though! If I remember correctly he all but skipped town the morning of the party to avoid me while I was in crazy cleaning/cooking mode. Haha.

We definitely do not shy away from adult beverages πŸ˜‰ Even at lunch time! Haha!

14. lifeasunusuals November 21, 2016 / 7:15 am

Ah Kris and I always go through the “keys, wallet, phone” routine every time we leave the house. Although, he’s mostly talking to himself and I don’t think he cares if I have any of my stuff haha!

• Louise November 22, 2016 / 2:43 pm

Kyle’s the kind of guy that will notice that I’ve left my phone on the table, slide it into his pocket, and then let me panic for a few minutes while we’re on the road before revealing that he’s grabbed it for me. Some kind of lesson-teaching or something. Turd. Lol