Dear Santa…

Per request of family members (I swear they asked for this), I came up with some Christmas swag that I wouldn’t be opposed to receiving. Some is off my birthday wish list, but most of it is new. For the record, I don’t need any gifts… I just want a pretty tree, some time off work, and a cup of coco.

*Alternative title: dear-santa

So here we go… (Nothing is affiliated.)

Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets – illustrated version.
I needs it, Precious. [Er- wrong fandom.]

Any of these books: Cravings by Chrissy Teigen, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson

Sweatshirts.
I love a clever, witty sweatshirt. This one cracks me up. Also this one. And this one.Β  (Large)
(Seriously… I love sweatshirts.)

Taylor’s new dog shirt!
I have the original one but I love that this one alludes to more than one dog. (Runs small- XL)

Anything for the dogs… My brother and sister-in-law once gifted me a 3 month Bark Box subscription and I was more excited than the dogs to open it each month!

*Between gifts and donations and self-indulgences, I’ve acquired an electric griddle, a coffee maker, and a quality cookie sheet since my last wish list post πŸ™‚

I started this post thinking I’d be able to list 100 things… but I really can’t think of anything I want or need. For family members that are frustrated with me over the short list: I always love books, candles, gift cards, and alcoholΒ  πŸ˜‰

What’s on your Christmas wish list? Maybe it’ll give me some ideas!

EDIT: Erin just shared this website with me… And now I want this and this and this and thisΒ  πŸ˜€ (Ladies t-shirt, sweatshirt, or racer back – probably a large)

38 thoughts on “Dear Santa…

1. everything with love November 30, 2016 / 2:04 am

I’m having the hardest time with my wish list this year! I just honestly can’t think of much (if anything) I want or need! This is some good inspo.

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Every time I write something down I think, ‘Do I actually need this? Do I really want someone to spend the money on this?’ And then I skim my list down. And then someone mentions some cool product or site and I’m like, “I need that!” all over again. Hahaha!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 6:59 pm

I’m so wishy-washy. Then I see I love and forget to jot down the store or website. Lol

2. kathy @ more coffee, less talky November 30, 2016 / 7:36 am

hey man, don’t be shy about admitting that you make your own list – I DO THAT EVERY YEAR because ain’t nobody got time to be returning shizz you wouldn’t use.

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:00 pm

Hahahaha, no kidding. It makes me feel terrible when I open a gift that I totally don’t need/like but I know someone spent the money on it!

3. carolann November 30, 2016 / 8:44 am

Did you come over to my wish list?! I really don’t need or want anything but my husband and I have started giving each other ideas or wish lists so that we don’t get each other random crap. I always want books. #1 on my list is just a night out with him cause I don’t see him much lately. #2 is Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets – illustrated version. If you love candles, too, but I never buy them for myself. I have my eye on a New York candle from https://homesickcandles.com/products/new-york-homesick-candle. They have a bunch of different candles that are supposed to smell like your home state. Genius! I haven’t tried them yet but they sound cool. Two books I want are Negotiating with the Dead: A Writer on Writing
    by Margaret Atwood and Difficult Women by Roxane Gay (coming out in January). Hmmm, I guess I do want a lot! It’s just books and candles and a night out!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:04 pm

I have Difficult Women on my to-read list on GoodReads, but I really am all about the cookbooks this year πŸ™‚ I really want the Pioneer Woman’s Holiday Recipe book (or whatever it’s called…. ha) but I didn’t put it on the blog for some reason. Ha.

4. Elyse November 30, 2016 / 10:18 am

The HP Illustrated versions are stunning that I almost bought the first two books last week but I’m restraining myself because I am not sure I’ll actually read them, no matter how pretty they are!

I always seem to struggle with a wish list, this year I only have two things on my wish list, which doesn’t make the other 25 family members who buy me gifts very happy. All I want for Christmas is a Christmas ornament, pajamas and a pair of brown boots. Other than that, I always appreciate chocolate and books…..

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:17 pm

I want a pair of comfortable PJs. Every time in I’m Target or Marshalls I look but I just haven’t found the perfect pair yet… lol.

I think you should get the illustrated books πŸ˜‰ It’s one step closer to me making a Harry Potter fan out of you πŸ˜€ Haha!

5. Rebecca Jo November 30, 2016 / 10:58 am

I love a good graphic tee or sweatshirt.So many cute ones out nowadays.
    I still gotta make a list for Ricky for Christmas. I told him just to goto my Pinterest list πŸ˜‰

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:18 pm

My m.i.l. always looks at my Pinterest “want” board and I’m so terrible about keeping it up to date! You just reminded me that I should go refresh it….

Graphic tees (and sweatshirts!!) are the best πŸ™‚

6. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) November 30, 2016 / 12:06 pm

Cravings had a lot of yummy looking recipes in it but I never got a chance to make anything (check it out from the library). But I love Chrissy. She has such spirit! Those sweatshirts are fantastic! I don’t wear many sweatshirts because I stubbornly refuse to believe that LA gets cold (it does) and used to sweat when I’d wear one (TMI, I know). But my blood has thinned (10 years later) and I just freeze because – pigheaded. I have not looked at the illustrated HP books because I will want them and probably don’t need them. But then again, isn’t that the point of gifts, getting things you want but don’t necessarily need. YES!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:20 pm

I follow Chrissy on SnapChat and just love her. She’s working on a second cookbook right now! Haha- not TMI on sweating! We all do it! I wear sweatshirts waaaaay too long into the summer. And I break them out again the second Ohio drops into the 60s πŸ™‚
      I will own all the illustrated HP books. Ha. It’s already my goal and only two are released so far!

7. Mattie November 30, 2016 / 12:23 pm

I am eyeing Taylor’s new shirt too! I didn’t buy the first one and just wished she made a plural one (“I just want to hang out with my dogs”) but this works! πŸ™‚ I bought Michael both illustrated HP books for Christmas. Every time we’re in a store he’s like, “LOOK! WE NEED THIS!” So I hope he’s excited!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:22 pm

AHHH. He’s going to love those! I almost cried last year when I got The Sorcerer’s Stone. I carried it around all day like a kid does with a stuffed animal. Ha. No shame here.

8. simplyalexandra12 November 30, 2016 / 2:23 pm

For me, mostly I want books and project life/scrapbook supplies! πŸ™‚ It’s a super boring wish list on pinterest… oh look, another stamp set. LOL But i like it. There’s nothing much I need, you know? And the clothes i need… aren’t really for other people to buy me. πŸ™‚ XO – Alexandra

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:50 pm

There are a million clothing articles that I “need” but really it’s only stuff I can shop for πŸ™‚ So I get it. I will never turn away books!

9. asideofchocolateblog November 30, 2016 / 2:29 pm

I was SO hard for me to come up with a list this year! I also have sassy sweatshirts and Chamber of Secrets on my list! I also asked for a HP mug and anything Gilmore Girls related!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:53 pm

I love mugs, but the husband would have my head if I asked for another… haha. One year he made me a wonderful mug rack that hangs in our kitchen! It’s 100% full with more in the cabinet, though. No more mugs for me… hahaha.

10. Nadine November 30, 2016 / 5:38 pm

I am working on my wishlist right now. I really love that dogs are my tribe shirt, so true! I can think of lots of things I want…but of course nothing I actually need. haha!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:55 pm

I thought it’d be easy to make a list… I was wrong. Usually I forget to jot down the places I see things (or it happens at Marshalls- which we all know means I have to buy it right then for myself!).

11. Rachel G November 30, 2016 / 5:46 pm

Books are definitely on my list–our apartment complex has a little library, which is glorious, but after a year I’ve read nearly all the books that are 1) in English and 2) in genres I find interesting so now I’ll have to resort to actually getting my own books!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:56 pm

A little library in your complex is pretty cool! I’m so terrible at reading books before they’re due. So often I just buy a book (especially if it’s in a series I love) because I feel bad holding onto them for so long! Haha!

12. Olya @ The Siberian American November 30, 2016 / 6:12 pm

That book looks so neat! I love Taylor’s new dog shirt. I’m trying to convince Chris I need to get Skyler a friend for Christmas. Want to help me? πŸ˜‰

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:58 pm

YAAAAAAAAAS. Skyler TOTALLY needs a friend. I was thinking about writing a post about having two dogs (because the pups’ gotcha-versary is this week). Maybe that’d convince Chris…?? Haha!

13. texerinsydney December 1, 2016 / 12:18 am

animalhearted.com also has some wonderful gifts for dog lovers πŸ™‚
    I’m a sweatshirt/hoodie fanatic as well.

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:58 pm

STOP IT. I totally edited my post to include shirts from that site. There are SO MANY GOOD ONES! (Thank you!!)

14. Louann Kristy December 1, 2016 / 8:56 am

I love cute sweatshirts too but it’s so darn hot here anything without sleeves and light works best. πŸ˜€

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 7:59 pm

Oh girl…. I’d be miserable. I slip on sweatshirts in the summer time just because I love them so. And Ohio gets some HOT summers, lol!

15. Amanda Bumgarner December 1, 2016 / 11:30 am

Ha! I find it amusing that you thought you could come up with 100 things. I have so much trouble every year because I really don’t NEED anything. I asked for a coupon to get a massage πŸ˜‰

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 8:00 pm

I got a gift card for a massage last year and STILL haven’t used it. What’s wrong with me…? You just reminded me to schedule one this week! πŸ˜‰

16. SMD @ Life According to Steph December 1, 2016 / 12:55 pm

I just got my friend a I care about all dogs and like five people mug. LOL

I buy what I want, so I have a hard time thinking of things when asked.

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 8:02 pm

I love that line. Especially since it’s fairly accurate. Haha!

My husband is the same way- it’s quite frustrating for his wife πŸ˜‰ Haha! This year I’m feeling pretty awesome about his gift, though!

17. Jae December 1, 2016 / 2:54 pm

I’m publishing my Christmas wishlist tomorrow, though most people may find it annoying… You’ll know why (if you stop by). Hehehe! Also, sweatshirts are my favorites, too. I wear them in the summer because I’m weird like that. Hahaha!

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 8:04 pm

Whaaat? Why would people find it annoying?? Now I have to go read it πŸ™‚
      I love sweatshirts all year long, too!

18. lifeasunusuals December 4, 2016 / 3:36 pm

Haha, I’m a gift card person… but do I ever got one? Nope.

I give up with all things gift related and settle for buying my own gifts.

• Louise December 4, 2016 / 8:05 pm

I always tell people that giftcards are great but I NEVER get them! Occasionally we’ll get a food one or my grandma gives me a Starbucks one. Fortunately the people that gift me are pretty good givers πŸ™‚