The Galentine’s Blogger Exchange

Happy Thursday, my friends.

The link-up for this post (with the beautifully talented Mattie & Olya) is scheduled for tomorrow, but by now we’re all aware that I switched my posting-days to only include Tuesday and Thursday. (Jury’s still out on how I’m liking that… )

galentines-exchange

To begin, I sent a package to Miss Maryrose in New York. (It shipped out a little late, but it should’ve arrive by last Friday. Plenty of time but my apologies, nonetheless!)

In return, last week I was greeted at the door by two packages- one in the shape of a book (😄!!!) and one from Uncommon Goods. Once I ripped gently cut them open I discovered that my gift-er was Ashley from Bits & Pieces of Me.

galentines_1

Ashley sent me Yes Please by Amy Poehler as well as this little note:

I love that this book was on your wish list, because it’s been on mine as well! I hope you enjoy it! -Ashley

galentines_2

She also sent me a beer + food pairing dish towel (from Uncommon Goods) that’s been on my wish list for quite a while. The colors (which are a little skewed from my filtered picture below) look great with our kitchen!

galentines_3

. . .

galentines_4

Thank you so much, Ashley!! And thanks to Mattie & Olya for hosting ❤︎

signaturegalentines-exchange

32 thoughts on “The Galentine’s Blogger Exchange

1. carolann823 February 23, 2017 / 3:10 am

I loved Yes Please and can’t wait to hear more about what you think of it! I’ve never done a blog swap but they look so fun. Getting mail is the best.

What do you think about the Tuesday/Thursday posting schedule? My goal is Tuesday and Friday but I’ve been struggling just to get two posts out per week.

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 7:58 pm

Olya and Mattie host a really fun swap 🙂 You should sign up next time! I’ll let you know when they announce another one and you can decide 🙂
      I really enjoyed Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey’s books so I’m hoping Amy’s is equally enjoyable!
      I’m ok with Tues/Thurs, but sometimes I miss out on Friday favorites and other specific weekday link-ups. The twice a week thing helps me not burn out, though 🙂

2. Elyse February 23, 2017 / 9:17 am

What a great gift! I love that you participate in blogger exchanges!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 7:59 pm

Thanks, Elyse! It was fun!

3. Alexandra Consolver February 23, 2017 / 9:19 am

Oh fun! I did the xmas one, and my gift never came. I think I’m cursed with swaps… 😦 But I am doing a snail mail exchange with Steph and Kelly! That’s been going well so far! 🙂 I’m glad that you are having good luck though! 🙂 I love Amy Poehler. – though I admit most of my love for her stems from recently watching all of Parks and Rec for the first time and heartily identifying with the Leslie Knope character. 😛 XO – Alexandra

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:01 pm

Oh noooo!! Honestly, I keep ending up sending to non-bloggers in the swap! (I’m not sure how since Mattie and Olya only open it up to bloggers, lol.) I love that you snail mail with Steph and Kelly!! That’s an adorably fun idea!
      I’ve only seen a few episodes of Parks & Rec, but I always laugh uncontrollably. I need to binge the whole season 🙂

4. Carly February 23, 2017 / 11:32 am

This swap sounded like so much fun– getting book gifts/mail is always the best!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:02 pm

I love getting books 😀

5. Rebecca Jo February 23, 2017 / 11:40 am

I loved that book!!!!
    What a fun Galentine’s Swap. That towel is perfect for my step daughter. I need to get her that!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:08 pm

I can’t wait to start it! (I need to finish a few first… lol.)
      The beer and food paring is more for K, but the colors are PERFECT for my kitchen!!

6. Mattie February 23, 2017 / 12:21 pm

Yessss I love Amy! And really, it’s the perfect Galentine’s gift because she’s (as Leslie Knope) the inventor of Galentine’s, right?! So cool that she also got you something you’ve been wanting (and that it matches your kitchen).

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:12 pm

OH MY GOSH- I didn’t even make the Leslie-Galentine’s-Day connection! You’re so totally right! Perfect!! (Thanks for hosting, friend!)

7. Christine Everyday February 23, 2017 / 12:24 pm

That dish towel is quite possibly the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. And I am interested to see how you like Yes, Please.

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:23 pm

I love fun dish towels 🙂 I have a million for each holiday!
      I’m hoping I’ll love it! I liked Tina’s book and they’re so similar 🙂

8. Jess February 23, 2017 / 1:21 pm

That is an awesome gift! I have not read Yes, Please yet. I think the hard copy would be great to read since it’s got so many pics and things inside. I keep picking it up but haven’t bought it, yet.

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:26 pm

I haven’t even flipped through the book yet! (I have a few I need to finish first…) I can’t wait to see all the fun stuff inside!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:26 pm

Thanks, Olya! And thanks for co-hosting, too!!

9. kristen February 23, 2017 / 2:53 pm

oh my goodness, love the beer + food pairing dish towel – so cute! and i read yes please and loved it!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:29 pm

I’m excited to start Yes Please!
      The towel matches our kitchen so well and has such fun pairings. I love it!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Thanks!! Ashley did great!

10. Ashley Bennett February 23, 2017 / 9:11 pm

I’m so happy that you love your gifts! I literally wanted to order both of those gifts for myself as well! That towel looks AMAZING!! You’ll have to let me know how the book is :).

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:30 pm

Thank you so much for my fun gifts!! I’m so excited to start reading!

11. Nadine February 23, 2017 / 11:07 pm

What a fun gift! That towel is so cool and I really enjoyed reading Yes Please and I hope you do too!!

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Thanks, Nadine! I just love Amy so I’m really hoping the book is a hit 🙂

12. chelseajacobs February 24, 2017 / 10:11 am

That dish towel is so cool! And let me know how you like Yes Please! I loved it.

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:52 pm

I definitely will let you know! I love Amy so I’m hoping the book is great!

13. Julie Hood February 24, 2017 / 2:49 pm

I’ve been wanting to read that book! And what a fun exchange 🙂

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Me too! I hadn’t bought it for myself so I’m glad it’s on my shelf now!!

14. Emma (@LondonKiwiEmma) February 25, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Awww, this is JUST such a cute Galentine’s Day pressie (and isn’t Galentine’s so lovely?)

• Louise February 26, 2017 / 8:55 pm

It IS lovely! And I always end up forgetting that I signed up and sent a gift, so when they arrive on my porch it’s a surprise all over again!