Chats with K and more…

First order of business: Happy Birthday, Mom!
Secondly: K is my husband.

My mom called me but the call dropped almost immediately. Then she called back.
Me: Hello again.
Mom: Where ARE you??!
Me: Mom… you’re the one who dropped the call.
Mom: I know. I just wondered where you are.

. . .

While watching the Super Bowl in overtime.
Me: What the heck. Falcons had this. I don’t like Tom Brady. He’s a poophead.
K: A poophead, eh? That’s harsh.

. . .

Me: Self-pity doesn’t look good on you.
K: Everything looks good on me. Except sweaters.

. . .

K’s grandparents dropped off some candy at the office for us.
K: Do you have any Valentine’s Day candy left?
Me: …yes. What are you in the market for?
K: I’ll trade you these Skittles for something.
Me: You know I don’t eat Skittles.
*K gets up and starts to walk over.*
Me: Hey! Sit back down. You don’t get to raid my inventory.

. . .

Me: Alright, we’ve got to figure out lunch because I’m dying.
K: I’m not hungry yet.
Me: Fine. I’ll just get myself food. Maybe a bento box from Katana.
K: Get me a Hollywood roll.
Me: At this rate why don’t we just go eat there?!
K: I’m still full from my McDonald’s.
Me: AND THE TRUTH COMES OUT. No wonder you’re not hungry. You’ve been holding out on me.

. . .

Me: What would you do if I died?
K: Right now?
Me: Yes.
K: Probably drive you to a hospital.
Me: ….okay. I mean long term.
K: Oh. I don’t know.

. . .

We were sitting with a financial advisor discussing IRAs and K’s overall worth due to the business. The advisor stepped out of the office to get something and left us alone.
K (quietly): I’m worth more to you alive than dead.
Me: That’s true. For now…

. . .

I made a cleaning list to keep myself accountable. But then K saw it and decided to initial next to the chores he had completed.

And to be clear, by initialing next to “Load/Unload Dish Washer” he literally put his dinner plate in the rack. That’s it.

. . .

I’m glad we get each other’s somewhat dark humor. Ha.

30 thoughts on “Chats with K and more…

1. Confuzzled Bev April 4, 2017 / 2:12 am

Ha – I love how he initialled “rest day”!
    I have a little wipe board on the fridge where I list chores. Some (like “clean the oven”) have been on there for months without getting rubbed out. Ooops!

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:25 am

He thought he was just so cute and clever. Ha

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:26 am

We’ve had multiple people in our day-to-day life tell us we’re like a sitcom. I swear we don’t try *eyeroll* Lol!

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:27 am

K gets a few good one-liners every now and then 😉

2. Elyse April 4, 2017 / 9:15 am

hahaha my husband says the same sarcastic things to me. I’m pretty sure he’s made the same hospital comment too…our husbands clearly have the same sense of humour.

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:28 am

Well… I suppose that’s probably a good things 🙂 K’s humor is one of my favorite things about him. Lol

3. Rebecca Jo April 4, 2017 / 10:35 am

I snorted at the Sweater comment…
    & glad he at least knows to get you to a hospital if you are going to die.
    Gotta ask – did he sound macho saying “Poophead”? 🙂 haha!!!

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:29 am

I love him in a sweater! But he HATES them. Hahaha.
      He definitely did NOT sound macho. Ha.

4. StephTheBookworm April 4, 2017 / 10:58 am

Oh my gosh…. I can’t take it! AHAHAHA! This is hysterical. I like how literal he was with that “drive you to the hospital” one. I ask Jerry what he’d do if I died too and he always shushes me and tells me not to talk about it. Why wouldn’t he drive me to the hospital?! LOL

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:30 am

Hahahaha- I’m actually surprise K didn’t say something along the lines of “Get rid of the body”, lol. We were in the car during that conversation, though, so I think he was trying to be logical. Ha.

5. Kelly @ Noodle to the Rescue April 4, 2017 / 11:49 am

Ha! The load/unload dishwasher is too funny. Unfortunately I am the weak link as far as keeping things clean and tidy in my house so sounds like something I would do…

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:31 am

When I originally put the chart up- just to keep myself accountable/show K what chores could be done each day if he felt so inclined- he actually groaned at me. Then he saw the “rest day” on Friday and decided he could be a smarta**. Lol

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:32 am

I’m surprised he said that, honestly. Usually I’m the one that jokes about death/murder. Hahaha 🙂

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:33 am

I had no emotional investment in the Super Bowl, but the weird Patriots comeback just had me so irritated!

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:35 am

I wasn’t really rooting for anyone in the SB. Then the Patriots started catching up and for some reason I was suddenly emotionally invested (in the Falcons). Ha.
      K is such a turd. Haha. I tried to tell him we weren’t initialing anything, we’re just doing the tasks. But he felt the need to initial the jobs he did/wanted to do.

6. Carolann April 4, 2017 / 10:47 pm

I love these! Clearly you two are meant to be. Also, I always tell Nick I’m not hungry and then I end up eating all of the food he gets himself. I should just learn that I am pretty much always hungry:)

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:36 am

YES. Hahaha! Sometimes when K is going through a drive-thru and I say, “no thanks, I already ate” he still gets me fries or chips because he knows I’m going to beg for food like a dog. Hahahaha!
      I’m ALWAYS hungry. I was so cheesed that he didn’t get me food at McDonald’s that morning! Ha!

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:36 am

Mr. Logical. Ha. What a turd.

7. Jana @ Jana Says April 5, 2017 / 1:30 pm

My husband would ABSOLUTELY initial a chore chart. And cackle maniacally.

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:37 am

Yep. That was Kyle. I had to stop him from writing “rest” onto every blank line under the days. (And then initialing them, ha.)

• Louise April 7, 2017 / 11:38 am

Ha, he definitely THINKS he is. Lol. I guess he’s kind of, sort of, maybe a little funny. 😉

8. Jenny @ Unremarkable Files April 7, 2017 / 3:46 pm

I think you need to post a picture of your husband wearing a sweater if you’re going to put claims like that on the Internet. Let the people decide.

• Louise April 11, 2017 / 8:41 am

Hahahahaha- “Let the people decide.” Personally, I love him in a sweater. I honestly can’t remember the last time he wore one, though…