I understand that it’s August 1st but that means we’re closing in on FALL 🖤
(August… Autumn…. See where I’m going here?)
Anyway, times have been stressful for K and I (*our house buyers backed out and it’s just been a rough few days… It’s ok, we’re getting by and life is still good*) so we’ve been watching silly game shows on major networks at night. During the commercials we get to see all the shows that are coming this fall…
Shows that are coming back that I’m PUMPED about:
- Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later | Netflix / available Aug. 4
- The Mindy Project (6th & FINAL season) | Hulu / Tuesdays starting Sept. 12
- Superstore (3rd season) | NBC / Thursdays @ 8pm starting Sept. 28
- The Good Place (2nd season) | NBC / Thursdays @ 8:30pm starting Sept. 28
[Honestly, I usually watch these shows on Hulu instead of catching them at their scheduled times.
You can also catch up with these on Hulu before they start up.]
[Yes, I watch a lot of comedies. The world is a serious place and sometimes you just need a break.]
New shows that I want to check out (if I remember):
- The Orville | Fox / Thursdays @ 9pm starting Sept. 10 (Sunday)
Seth MacFarlane creates hits and misses… so we’ll see which this is.
- Marvel’s Inhumans | ABC / Fridays @ 9pm starting Sept. 29
I’m not 100% sure about this one…
- Ghosted | Fox / Sundays @ 8:30pm starting Oct. 1
- The Gifted | Fox / Mondays @ 9pm starting Oct. 2
Guys… this is an X-men related show and centers around mutants. Sign me up!
- A. P. Bio | NBC / midseason
- Champions | NBC / midseason
This is being produced by our girl Mindy so I’m hoping it’s the next TMP!
- LA to Vegas | Fox / midseason
Honestly, I’ve heard nothing about this show but Will Ferrell & Adam McKay are producing it so I’ll definitely give it a shot.
- Splitting Up Together | ABC / midseason
Jenna Fisher is in it and Ellen DeGeneres produced it. I’ll try it 😉
There’s no way I’ll watch all of these. I don’t watch a lot of TV because I can’t keep up, but I typically have 3 or 4 shows that I stream on Hulu religiously. (K and I watch The Mindy Project every Tuesday- that’s the one exception. And we watch The Voice when it’s on- although sometimes I read while he watches it.)
Also, you’ll notice that This Is Us is not on my list. Honestly, I don’t like shows that are so “real life” they hurt my heart. I cry enough from joy/anxiety/sadness. I don’t want my TV shows to incite that every week.
Also, I’ve tried and dismissed Speechless and Great News. They’re funny, but they didn’t keep my interest. American Housewife is ok when I’m in the mood.
Some older shows that I don’t watch (or have only seen an episode or 2), but I think I’d like to start watching are…
Bull, Designated Survivor, Madam Secretary, MOM, The Last Man on Earth, & Jane the Virgin.
So now I want to know if you’ve got any thoughts on new shows or recommendations or feedback on the shows that are already in 2nd or 3rd seasons!
Should I skip any of the ones I listed?