Currently…

Reading… The Moon-Spinners for Erin’s Challenge. I’m having a hard time with this book even though I find the story interesting. Fortunately I’m also reading HP & the SS which is sucking me in just like it did nearly 20 years ago ❤︎

Eating… terribly. I haven’t wanted to dirty the kitchen because of all the showings/inspections happening so we’ve been doing a LOT of external dining (or take out). The few meals I have made at home were busts. I need to work on this.

Feeling… sick. My mother had a head cold (#FirstGradeTeacherProbz) and I think she passed it on to me last weekend. Grr.

Planning… a house warming / Halloween / fall party in the new crib 🙂

Pinning… alllll the home decor. When we moved into our current house we were newlyweds carting around everyone’s generous hand-me-downs. Since then we’ve been intentional about design and I’m excited to decorate the new space with pieces that are important and unique to us.

Recovering from… last weekend’s bachelorette party in Cleveland. We took a party bus to the city, dined at Margaritaville, & had some dessert at The Chocolate Bar. The bride was on antibiotics and crutches (different incidents) so it was a slightly tame evening, though still exhausting!

Looking forward to… a slower season at work, moving into a new neighborhood, cool temperatures.

Here are some pictures from the last month or so of life 🙂

Kyle and our PI banner on the field at DCI World Championships
Lylee channeling how I hope to be this fall…
A bridal shower I helped with… K and I are both in the wedding next month!

*To my blogger friends in the south/east: If you need anything please let me know! Stay safe this weekend ❤︎

So what’s new with you? (Linking up with Kristen & Gretch!)

What's New With You

46 thoughts on “Currently…

1. Bry Jaimea September 7, 2017 / 5:02 am

That photo of Lylee looks so cosy and comfy!
    Hope you’re feeling better soon – lots of rest, and tea with lemon and honey xx

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 3:56 pm

Lylee is a pro at getting comfortable. That dog is ridiculous. Lol
      I’m feeling much better 🙂 Thank goodness it was a quick cold!

2. Kerri September 7, 2017 / 5:13 am

I keep looking at Erins book challenge and always think about joining it, but then decide against it every time. Maybe on the next round I should just bite to bullet and get on with it. It always seems doable to me, so I don’t know why I don’t give it a go.

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 3:58 pm

I think this one ends Oct. 31st. She’ll likely start the next one in Dec. or Jan.
      You should absolutely do it! I have yet to actually complete one (boo) but I’m getting close 😉 And Erin is a wonderful host that celebrates people’s progress no matter how fast they go or how far they get there!

3. https://my30somethingadventures.wordpress.com/ September 7, 2017 / 7:21 am

Lylee looks so comfortable!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 3:58 pm

She is the queen of comfort… Such a spoiled mutt 😉

4. Lindsay September 7, 2017 / 8:30 am

Can’t wait to see the new house and pics from your Halloween party! You always throw the best one – looking at your archives to get ideas for one we’re throwing this year!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:00 pm

I’m so excited you guys are throwing a party this year!! I’m sad that we’re not doing much with costumes this time, but I’m still 100% dedicated to decorating 😉 I have a weird limited schedule this year but I’m going to make it work! Ha!

5. Alexandra Consolver September 7, 2017 / 9:13 am

Sounds like a good month! & I understand the struggle to not eat out, but not feel like cooking is “worth it” especially when you’re trying and the meals you make are duds. That is THE WORST. And it makes me never want to cook again LOL! Bummer about the book, but I also find that reading other things simultaneously helps so much! 🙂 Did you move already?! If so, FB PM me your new address! 🙂 XO – Alexandra

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:02 pm

I usually really enjoy cooking but I am a total crockpot failure. Isn’t that weird? My corckpot meals hardly ever come out right. Ughhhh. So much for plug it in and forget it *eyeroll*
      I’m pretty excited to make some yummy fall meals in the new house once we have it 🙂 We’re not there yet but as soon as we sign the papers I will get the address out to my blogging friends!! Promise!

6. Stephanie September 7, 2017 / 9:39 am

Will you do a whole house tour? Because I need to see!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Hahaha! Sure! We close the first week of October. So far everything has gone right with this sale/purchase so I’m very very excited and hopeful that everything will stay on track 😀

7. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) September 7, 2017 / 11:10 am

Ugh. Sorry to hear about the head cold. I just got over mine and they are no fun, especially if you’re a bit of a baby like me! I have been so bad with Erin’s Challenge this go-round. I might not actually finish this time and I’m okay with it. I’m just gonna read what I want to read. If it’s a book from list, fantastic. If not, who cares! Feel better!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Mine cold started to sink its teeth in on Tuesday and I think I’ve got it on its way out the door now. Thank goodness because I’m going to an amusement park tomorrow, ha.
      I’m about 40% through my list, I think. Unfortunately, I’m doing a movie challenge, too, and I was WAY more into movies this week while I was sick. Hopefully I finish one challenge if not both, ha!

8. Nadine September 7, 2017 / 11:14 am

Lylee looks so cozy, I want under that blanket and to hide from the work day please!!! Moving into a new home and neighborhood is always so exciting! I hope you will share some home decor/tour posts when you get settled!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:06 pm

Lylee is the queen of finding comfortable places… Kyle tossed his blanket over her and she just stayed like that for hours. Silly, bear.
      I’m so excited about the new place! Once we’re in I will definitely share lots of details and pics!

9. Rebecca Jo September 7, 2017 / 12:23 pm

Ahhh – that poor bride for her bachelorhood 🙂 At least she still got out there.
    & that beard on the groom. I know there’s men envy there.
    I just cant get back on track on eating healthy either. THE STRUGGLE!!!!!!!
    It always happens – as soon as school starts, the germs are in full force. UGHHHH

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:08 pm

Fortunately, she’s moving much better than she was right after her fall. (She missed a few steps and fractured her knee.) The groom is SO proud of his beard, lol. His work made him keep it short for a while and they recently reversed the policy so he’s SO happy. Haha!

10. SMD September 7, 2017 / 2:29 pm

It’s hard to mess up your house intentionally when there could be a showing any minute. I am not doing that great even without that as an excuse.

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:08 pm

While it’s nice to come home and have very little to clean, it sucks living in a house you can’t mess up. We’re almost done with all this, though. Ha.

11. Kelly @ Noodle to the Rescue September 7, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Haha, My dog does that too where she just sticks her nose out from under the covers – Maximum cozyosity. That’s a word, Right?

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:11 pm

Maximum cozyosity is the perfect term for Lylee. Ha. She is often found snuggled into a pillow pile or spread out on the couch. Silly dog. Lol

12. StephTheBookworm September 7, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Eeek, did you guys find a house?! I can’t wait to see how you decorate and set it up so I hope you’ll share pics! I love home decor. My house used to be a lot more meticulous and nice though before Caleb LOL.

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:29 pm

We did! We’ve actually had our eye on this house since we decided to list the one we’re in, but getting it depended on selling our current one. Fortunately, all the stars seem to be aligning. Still crossing out fingers for the final steps, though!
      The dogs do a number on our house. I’ve had to deep clean every time we’ve had a showing or inspection because I’m so paranoid about dog hair and smells, lol.

13. Christina Mapes September 7, 2017 / 4:46 pm

How exciting to be moving and planning out your decor! It’ll be so nice to make your house a home!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:29 pm

We’re excited to refresh the space with some new pictures and artwork and stuff 🙂 I think it’ll be fun!

14. Laura September 7, 2017 / 10:10 pm

Deciding on new home decor is so fun! Enjoy! I am in kind of a dinner rut too. I need some new ideas that will be slam dunks. The last few new things I’ve tried haven’t been that great and we have had spaghetti more nights than I can even count!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:37 pm

She was a real trooper 🙂 She’s much more mobile now that when she first fell. Thank goodness 😀

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:38 pm

Thank you! Today was much better- I think I’ll be perfectly healthy by mid-weekend 🙂

15. erin (everything with love) September 8, 2017 / 1:59 pm

every time that i re-read HP, i remember how good the writing is, and now that you’ve reminded me, i need to start again!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:39 pm

Ahhhh, yesss! Read the illustrated version if you can! The first and second are out with PoA coming out next month! Also, I’ve seen that the Kindle/e-reader version of the illustrated copies has pictures that move! Totally worth the investment. I LOVE reading the illustrated SS!

16. kathy @ more coffee, less talky September 8, 2017 / 3:28 pm

i love taking the time to make your house a home…it can take me up to a month to pick all the perfect pieces for whatever space i want to decorate and then the flood gates open as i try and find the best deals for them!

• Louise September 8, 2017 / 4:40 pm

It’s so fun! My husband recommended an interior designer consult for this house (because we were arguing over colors, lol) and I was like NO! Picking this stuff and fussy over it is all part of the fun! Lol. Plus ain’t NOBODY got money for that around here. Hahaha 😉

17. Julie Hood September 10, 2017 / 6:05 am

HAHAHA omg “carting around everyone’s generous hand-me-downs” is 100% how we have furnished our house. We can point out like 3 things that we’ve actually bought (or trash-picked, ha!!) and the rest (dining room set, bedroom set, couches, etc.) have been hand-me-downs. Good luck with the move and all those house-showings! You got this, girl!!

• Louise September 11, 2017 / 4:23 pm

I think it’s a WONDERFUL way to be! You save so much money that way 🙂 Our mattress was free, my dresser is from my youth, our end tables are hand-me-downs from friends. Lol. The rest of the house mostly follows suit with the exception of the couch and the dining room table (which K INSISTED we get).

18. kristen September 11, 2017 / 12:57 pm

20 years ago? NO. no. nope. not that old.
    seriously? 20 years? let me think.. i was in year 7 or 8 when i finally caved to the hype and read them. that was almost 20 years ago. HOLY MOLY.
    moving on.
    i’ve been eating terribly too. i was blaming it on the kitchen but now it’s pretty much done and i’m still eating out/eating microwave meals. not good.

• Louise September 11, 2017 / 4:25 pm

I remember I read HP & the SS when I was in 5th grade. So that was 2001, but I know it came out in 97 or 98 which is when my mom read it to me. So yes, 20 years. I don’t know what I got old but what the hell…
      I tried to meal plan for this week and discovered we’d both only be home for a meal one evening. Ugh. FAIL. Lol

• Louise September 11, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Thank you!! I love fall but I get a cold this time of year without fail. I think it’s the changing weather. Not fun! Hope yours goes away soon!

19. Rachel ¦¦ A Nesting Nomad September 12, 2017 / 1:46 am

All the best for your move! How exciting to have the ability to decorate to your taste and not just to your constraints, ha. We got rid of lots (most?) of our stuff before moving out here and it was so nice to start with a clean slate. Unfortunately we don’t know how long we’re staying so we don’t want to invest in any stuff in particular but it’s amazing what you can get by with.

I’m not accepting that HP happened nearly 20 years ago. Nope.

• Louise September 16, 2017 / 11:31 am

We still will be decorating per the constraints of our wallet… lol. But starting fresh with wall color and pillows and blankets and stuff will be really nice 🙂 I’m excited for a little library/reading space! We plan to be in this new house for +10 or 15 years. Hopefully it will feel like our own little haven after a short time 🙂

HP is timeless 😉 No need to really think about the years… lol

20. chelsea @ the new wifestyle September 13, 2017 / 9:38 pm

we are right there with you in terms of moving and not just having a bunch of random stuff now. super excited to see how your decorate your new digs! this is our first home so i can only imagine how completely and utterly exhausting constantly cleaning and straightening up is for showing! hang in!

• Louise September 16, 2017 / 11:32 am

Finger crossed praise Jesus help up Oprah….. the showings are over. We’re in the finally stages so now we’re on to packing up our life and re-situating it in an appealing way in the new place. Lol. I will definitely share pics when we’re settled in 🙂