Some people don’t do Halloween and some people are professional Halloween-ers. I believe I fall into the latter category. Since the blog world is all about sharing how-tos, I decided today was the perfect day for a How To ~Halloween~ post.
(1) First things first… You need to get in the Halloween spirit (pun intended). Halloween movies come in all forms of scariness…
Less Scary: Hotel Transylvania, Monster House, Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, and obviously It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (airing Sunday at 8pm on ABC)
Moderately Scary: Sleepy Hollow, The Shining, IT (the 1990 one)
I’d recommend some horror/scary movies but I don’t watch them… lol. You don’t have to love horror to love Halloween 😉
Freeform (cough*ABC Family*cough) always disappoints me with their 13 Nights of Halloween, but if you’d like to check out that list you can find it here
(2) Now it’s time to figure out your costume…
Check these out, too…
- Holly Golightly/Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s as demonstrated by Ashley.
- I so badly want to see someone try this!
- Stephanie offers up some easy last minute ideas!
- Check out Alexandra’s tips for a kick-butt costume!
(3) If you’re hosting a party this year* you’ll need a few snacks & drinks:
- These Dead Man’s Toes are always a hit! (Ghoulish name optional…)
- Apple teeth are pretty self explanatory
- I’m making Nadine’s spinach & artichoke dip and calling it Zombie Brains 😉
- This veggie tray is SO simple
- My party staples include guac in a pumpkin & a whipped pumpkin dip!
*obviously you don’t need to host anything to enjoy these snacks
(4) My go-to places for Halloween decorations include HomeGoods, Marshalls, JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, and any local craft show or fall festival.
In need of some music? This is a Spotify playlist from Alexandra rocks!
What are some must-haves for your Halloween season? Do you have any big plans this weekend? Our annual party is Saturday night and I’m so excited!!