Chats with K – Holiday Edition

Ho hum… Time for a *somewhat* holiday edition of husband conversations.

Me: Why were single-word band names so popular in the 80s?
K: I don’t know. They just were.
Me: Boston, Kansas, Styx, Journey, Rush, Wham-
K: No. Do not include Wham with that group of artists.

Mid-November I was listening to loud Christmas music & baking in the kitchen.
Romantically wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling his chin in my neck, Kyle whispers: Hey, I’m gonna go ahead and turn this shit off.

A female colleague was stopping by later in the day.
Me: Your new girlfriend is stopping in later.
K: I don’t have a new girlfriend. Two of you is enough to deal with.
Me: Excuse me?

Me: Maybe we should get your niece and nephews stuffed animals for Christmas.
Kyle: No, Isaac still has mine.
Me: Teddy Rump-skin?
K: …first of all it’s ‘Teddy Ruxpin.’ Secondly, no it was A.G. Bear.
After kissing Kyle good morning…

K: Did you brush your teeth?
Me: …yes. Why?
K: *sniffs my lips* You smell a little like old person.
Me: Umm…
K: Did you eat an old person for breakfast?

I laid out my cabin trip outfit the night before I left:

K: Did you even pack any clothes?
Me: …yeah? Why?
K: I feel like all you need to legitimately camp is that outfit you’re wearing tomorrow.

Such a comedian.

42 thoughts on “Chats with K – Holiday Edition

1. everything with love January 4, 2018 / 7:27 am

I don’t know why but these are seriously my favorite posts to read! I could totally see my husband doing the same thing with the Christmas music haha.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Hahaha. He ended up turning it off so I just sang the songs out loud from the kitchen πŸ˜‰

2. Julie Hood January 4, 2018 / 8:11 am

HAHAHA “TWO OF YOU” I’m dyingggg….also the “I’m gonna turn this sh** off” after being super romantic, also hilarious. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Year’s!!

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 3:48 pm

He thinks he’s such a comedian. Lol. Admittedly, he does make me laugh a lot. Lol.
      Thanks, you too!!

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 3:53 pm

He’s too clever and quick witted for his own good…

3. abbeyperalta January 4, 2018 / 9:22 am

What a cute and fun relationship you two have haha, these are too funny!

4. Rebecca Jo January 4, 2018 / 10:18 am

So funny!!!
    Ricky & i just had a discussion on Wham this past weekend, I adore George Michaels & still devastated about his loss.
    Did you know teddy ruxpin is back out.,saw him at Christmas & was like, whoooo

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 3:58 pm

On Halloween we had a trick-or-treater dressed as Teddy Ruxpin! It was so creative and funny!!

5. Nadine January 4, 2018 / 10:27 am

Hahahahaaha “I’m going to turn this shit off.” Sounds like something Chris would have done. I start the Christmas music far too early for his likings.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 3:59 pm

K hates Christmas music on Christmas *eyeroll*
      November might have been a little early, though… lol!

6. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) January 4, 2018 / 11:10 am

“Gonna turn this shit off” made me laugh out loud. Oh K. In all fairness, there was a time I would have been K and now I’m more like you. πŸ˜€ I love these conversations because I can totally see the two of you having them.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:25 pm

He is my little Grinch around the holidays. It’s alright, I’m used to him πŸ˜‰

7. SMD January 4, 2018 / 11:16 am

No Wham! LOLOL
    I just realized I’ve been sitting on Shit MFD Said for over a month.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Ha. He was pretty adamant about that…

Post it soon!!

8. Ashley January 4, 2018 / 11:28 am

Hahah, this made me laugh out loud. My husband always tells me I smell like band aids when I come home from work… well, I do work in a medical office … ??! I don’t know!

Ashley @ A Cute Angle // acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:26 pm

Hahahaha- well that makes sense then!

The other day he said that HE smelled like old people so I guess we both do? Although I think he was smelling my lipstick that morning, lol.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:26 pm

Glad to be of entertainment πŸ˜‰ Lol!

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:27 pm

Haha, he definitely keeps our life interesting πŸ˜‰ Thanks! Lol

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:28 pm

Lol, thank you! Half credit goes to Kyle πŸ˜‰

9. Monica January 4, 2018 / 3:41 pm

I love the Christmas music one. I feel like my boyfriend would do exactly that.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:28 pm

He is such a Grinch. I should be used to it by now, lol.

10. Michelle January 4, 2018 / 3:58 pm

“I’m gonna turn this shit off” just killed me. I love these!

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:29 pm

No festive spirit in that one. Geez. Lol.
      It probably doesn’t help that I played Xmas music at work for 2 months with him 10 feet away from me… lol

11. StephTheBookworm January 5, 2018 / 4:44 am

Hey, good point about the 80s bands! I grew up on that stuff because my mother is obsessed, particularly with Journey and Boston. That WHAM comment cracks me up!

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 4:33 pm

It just hit me one day that all those bands are single names. Like, what the heck? Haha!

12. Elyse January 5, 2018 / 9:52 am

I am cracking up about the Christmas music. When my husband wants me to turn something off or stop me from doing something that’s annoying him, he does the same thing.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 7:35 pm

Yep. They come up all sweet like and you think they’re going to be romantic or something. And then they say something like that. Hahaha.

13. Jae January 5, 2018 / 11:37 am

HAHAHA this has to be my favorite of all. I died laughing!

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Thanks, lol! My husband definitely keeps me laughing.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 7:39 pm

K just thinks he’s so clever with his girlfriend jokes. Lol. I tease him, too, though πŸ˜‰

14. chelsea @ the new wifestyle January 9, 2018 / 12:21 pm

bahahah oh my goodness that one about him romantically nuzzling you and then him whispering he’s going to turn that shit off haha i literally laughed out loud. i would do the exact same thing to ravery.

• Louise January 9, 2018 / 7:41 pm

Hahaha, he’s always doing crap like that! He starts off so sweet and loving and then says something completely off the wall and borderline offensive. Hahaha. That’s alright- that’s just who he is. Lol