Winter Recap

I know I’m backward, but I hate spring because it means fall & winter are over. Go ahead, crucify me or whatever. Occasionally I dream about driving with the windows down along sunny back roads, but usually I prefer the changing leaves and falling snow.

Whatever. It’s over now. All you beach babes get your weather back. *sigh* πŸ˜‰

As I’m sure you recall, I made a wintertime to do list/bucket list.

Winter To-Do List ❄️

• Order / address / send Christmas cards
  • Girls’ trip with my ladies*

• Weekend shopping trip with Mom
  • Finish all the Christmas shopping
  • Make some big decisions regarding the business
    Still working on this.
  • Complete 50% of my Christmas Movie List
    Nope. I watched roughly 10 movies from my list.
  • Trim the tree and finish decorating the house
    • Post some kind of home tour/Christmas tour of house
  • Make some Christmas cutout cookies

• Do something fun in the snow! (Sledding on Christmas!)
  • Come up with some 2018 goals/resolutions (Find those here!)
  • Start planning something for our 5 year anniversary (Done!)
  • Get all our stuff out of M&D’s basement (Haven’t gotten it all, but we made 3 trips!)

• Go through that stuff and purge all that we can live without
  • Winter walk with a dog or two* (Happened with E at Hocking Hills.)
  • Make. Freaking. Ice Cream.
  • Get my office set up
  • Look into getting the bedroom painted
  • Scrapbook!*

*denotes items from my 30Γ—30 list

We had a pretty wonderful winter. I made progress on moving stuff out of my parents’ basement and I’ve been working on putting my office together. I can’t really scrapbook until I have a space (my office) so that goal was a little ambitious.

When I say “make ice cream” I mean in the machine that we were gifted for my bridal shower +5 years ago. I did put the bowl in the freezer to chill it a few weeks ago so you could say I’ve made progress…? Probably not, though.

Someday we’ll get the house painted… ha.

What goals or fun bucket list items did you check off this winter? I’m sharing my spring & summer goals closer to the end of the month. Right now they’re still calling for snow in my neck of the woods. (YAY!)

26 thoughts on “Winter Recap

1. https://my30somethingadventures.wordpress.com/ March 20, 2018 / 7:26 am

We are going into Autumn – happy to swap seasons as I’m a summer person πŸ™‚
    Love this idea of a winter list and I think if I make one it will make the colder months go faster.
    You ticked so many things off your list and those Christmas cookies look so cool. Well done! Lovely winter pictures.

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:14 am

Oooooh, I’m jealous. I need homes in different hemispheres so I can just keep the fall/winter thing going all year long πŸ˜‰ A winter list helps me to get outside and do more- verses just staying curled up inside like my brain tells me to.
      Thank you!

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:15 am

Absolutely! It’s been a slow process since much of my office went into storage (at my parents’) when we were showing the old house. A lot of it is still there. Ughhh. Lol

2. Leslie March 20, 2018 / 8:37 am

I agree with you 100%! Spring is fine, but it gets so hot so quickly that I don’t like it. Fall and Winter are definitely the bet seasons!

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:18 am

Fall is probably my favorite. My birthday is in October and I looove changing leaves and bon fires and sweatshirts. I’m pretty sure I get seasonal depression in summer- ha.

3. Stephanie Cervantes March 20, 2018 / 10:49 am

I think you did really awesome! Most of your items are checked off, and the rest don’t seem pressing. Good work!

P.S. I am not a big winter fan, but fall is my jam. I don’t like summer though… too hot. I’m glad spring is here, but would like to skip over summer and straight into fall!

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:19 am

Thank you!! I tried to pay attention to the list as the weeks wore on πŸ™‚
      I wish fall lasted longer! I feel like it’s around for BARELY three weeks. Sigh.

4. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) March 20, 2018 / 10:51 am

Fall is my favorite season but I’m not a winter fan. The snow is pretty when I’m snug as a bug indoors with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book, but I don’t like the cold or dealing with snow and ice when driving. I also don’t like hot weather or humidity. I’m sort of like Goldilocks when it comes to weather. πŸ˜€ You did so good against your winter goals and your cut-out cookies look fantastic. I’m such a bad decorator that I never even attempt them but your’s look amazing!

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:22 am

Fall is hands-down the best πŸ™‚ I feel like most people agree because they’re sick of melting their faces off by the time it arrives. Ha.
      Thank you! A piping bag works wonders πŸ˜‰ When I was younger my mom had us use table knifes and sprinkles to decorate but now I force her to do it my way with piping bags. Hahahahaha!

5. Rebecca Jo March 20, 2018 / 10:55 am

I’m glad to know there are people in this world that like winter πŸ™‚ I – 10000% – am not one of them. I dont care for summer either so there’s that πŸ˜‰ haha
    Give me spring & fall for life. … actually, just fall. Spring allergies are the worst.

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:23 am

Hehehe- I think everyone is on board for fall. Especially after a summer of sweating and melting!
      Spring thunderstorms are the downfall for me. I love them, but the dogs don’t. Also, I haaaaate bugs and allergies. BLEH.

6. Nadine March 20, 2018 / 4:17 pm

Ugh painting is so daunting! Honestly, I am not a huge fan of spring either. I like to welcome back my dresses and sandals but the pollen is out of control here in the south, tornado season scares the shit out of me, and well…it is just a matter of time before the temps and humidity are unbearable again lol. Bring me all the fall days!

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:28 am

We have always painted our own houses/rooms/office spaces… but in this house K and I both decided we’d hire someone to do the work. But we’re still dragging our feet on paint colors and actually calling someone. Ugh.
      Giiiirl- stay safe amoungst all those tornado warnings down there! I’m thinking about ya!

7. shelldbell March 21, 2018 / 8:58 am

I am 100% with you on fall and winter. It’s harder to handle now that I have a child to entertain, but I will still take them over spring and summer any day. I don’t even mind the snow we got today πŸ™‚

I’m glad you had such a good winter! Those Hocking pictures are gorgeous.

• Audrey March 21, 2018 / 11:32 am

I’m loooving the snow we got πŸ™‚ Everyone around me hates it, though. Lol
      Thank you!! One of the girls on the trip had the newest iPhone so I just forced her to send me every picture she took. Ha!

8. Christina March 21, 2018 / 1:57 pm

I am not a summer person, but I don’t mind spring. It’s probably because it’s still cool and rainy here in WA. Haha! We have a possibility of some flakes in the forecast this weekend and I’m all for it! Nothing like the east coast though. You did pretty great for your winter goals! Your cookies are adorable and your trip looked so fun. We painted one kid’s bedroom last weekend and are on to the other’s this weekend. I hate it. I don’t blame you for putting it off. Ha!

• Audrey March 22, 2018 / 12:54 pm

We got quiet a bit of snow two nights ago but I was still jealous of the East Coast’s Nor’Easter. Lol
      Thank you!! We had a blast on our girls’ trip. I hope it becomes a yearly thing!
      Ughhh- painting is the worst. But right now our house is all ONE color and I kinda hate that, too. Ha.

9. Alexandra Consolver March 21, 2018 / 2:50 pm

I love the changing seasons, but definitely prefer the cooler ones as well. We don’t get a lot of spring here… because it gets hot very very fast.. .but I like when everything turns green. For sure. πŸ™‚ You did SUCH a good job on your goals list. I think I only wanted to watch 2 new xmas movies last year… nope did not happen! LOL. Good luck with your spring goals, I can’t wait to read them! πŸ™‚ XO – Alexandra

• Audrey March 22, 2018 / 1:59 pm

When the seasons change my head just hurts constantly (from sinus pressure). That might be a big reason I dislike spring, too…. lol. Thank you!! I let a lot of Christmas movies play in the background of present wrapping or cooking or cleaning, but I didn’t count them since I wasn’t that invested in them. Lol

10. Lauren Becker March 21, 2018 / 7:47 pm

Fall is my favorite season, so I always hate when that ends. I don’t mind spring/summer but I hate when it’s really hot – I get hot so easy – so if I’m not in my pool, I’m probably complaining. LOL I have an ice cream machine too that I STILL need to use. It will happen this summer. It will! For both of us!! It snowed a couple inches where I live; it’s very pretty.

• Audrey March 22, 2018 / 2:00 pm

I absolutely believe that we will BOTH make ice cream this summer πŸ˜€
      I love fall best, but winter is #2 in my book so I don’t mind when the snow start falling. Lol
      When I was younger my grandparents had an in-ground pool and I LOVED summer. When they sold that house my love of summer disappeared. Ha.

11. Akaleistar March 21, 2018 / 8:15 pm

Your Christmas cookies look fantastic! I’m looking forward to spring because I’m tired of the cold weather πŸ™‚

• Audrey March 22, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Thank you so much! πŸ˜€ I love the snow, but I’ll admit that the cold air hurts my face and bones!!

12. chelsea @ the new wifestyle March 27, 2018 / 2:09 pm

i think you are totally rocking it!!! i’m with you – i like the cold and the falling snow (but i also looove eating outside and the sunshine)

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:12 am

Hahaha, thank you! There are definitely aspects to warm weather that I love and crave… but I thrive in the colder months πŸ˜‰ Lol