Come On Get Happy

I’m feeling a little uninspired this week. As I’ve mentioned, spring is not a happy season for me so I think the in-between temperatures and rain and allergies are getting to me. The weekend was also a little exhausting. K was away on business, which doesn’t usually bother me but this was my first time alone in the new house, and I freaked myself out that first night. Thanks a lot, anxiety.

Anyway, today I decided that I’m simply going to list some things that make me happy.

Cup-a-Soup

Planners & calendars

Harry Potter

Dogs of all shapes and sizes

Having K home

Having a weekend alone

Good comedies on TV (The Office, Superstore, The Good Place)

Iced coffee. From a jug. That I didn’t have to make myself…

Reading in the sunshine (even especially if I’m under a blanket)

Finding the right playlist for my mood

A clean bathroom

Fresh sheets

Sage

Seeing people stand up for, speak out for, and fight for their beliefs

Seeing Enzo prance around the room with his fox in his mouth

Listening to Lylee snore

My travel mug- it’s AMAZING at maintaining temperature
(this is it – not an affiliated link)

Sitting around & drinking wine with my husband’s family

Cards Against Humanity

Mario Kart

A revitalizing church service

Sundays

That’s probably enough for now. I’m already feeling a little happier. Tell me what makes you happy!

40 thoughts on “Come On Get Happy

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:37 am

Thank you!! I’m so glad!

1. Emelia Lawrence March 27, 2018 / 6:34 am

I love this list friend. Iced coffee sure is delicious- especially when you donโ€™t have to make it. Iโ€™ve been feeling less creative lately too- I think the really long winter has got to me. Hereโ€™s to sunshine and inspiration!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:38 am

I’m a big fan of Caribou’s salted caramel coffee. I randomly grabbed a jug of it during my last grocery trip. Gotta treat yourself sometimes!

2. Lauren Becker March 27, 2018 / 8:41 am

Sometimes just thinking of the small things in your life really CAN make you happier. I’m so with you on people fighting for what they believe in, planners, and Harry Potter!

Lauren

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:39 am

Agreed. And so many of these things are accessible on a normal day- reading some HP or changing the sheets or tossing the toys for the dogs to fetch!

3. Rebecca Jo March 27, 2018 / 8:46 am

I cant believe I’ve never played Cards Against Humanity!
    Iced Coffee – yes!
    My allergies are already kicking in too – UGHHH!
    Going to check out your travel mug now

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:40 am

It can be a pretty crass game but it’s definitely good for a few giggles- lol! Looove iced coffee, especially as the days get warmer! Zyrtec is my bff during spring.
      I looove my mug. I still had ice in it by the end of the workday. And it’s WAY cheaper than a Yeti ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Stephanie March 27, 2018 / 8:52 am

If I don’t start my week with fresh sheets, I feel like everything is thrown off!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:41 am

I’m typically a morning shower-er but I ALWAYS shower before climbing in bed with clean sheets. I feel so fresh and clean all the way around!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:43 am

I used to LOVE weekends alone when K would travel for business but since he hired me I’ve been traveling with him. Since it was my first weekend alone in a long time and in the new house I was just SO on edge. Ughhh!

5. everything with love March 27, 2018 / 9:35 am

I love this idea actually. Iโ€™ve clearly been uninspired lately so I think I might take a cue from you and do the same! I love some cards against humanity and Harry Potter myself…

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:43 am

Yesss. I just wish we lived closer! I feel like that’d be an epic game of Cards Against Humanity. Hahahaha!

6. Dani Doman March 27, 2018 / 10:24 am

Cards Against Humanity game nights are one of my favorite things in life! I actually have most of the expansion packs too haha. I actually wrote a list of 100 things that make me happy awhile back and I go back to it whenever Iโ€™m feeling a bit blue. Sunshine, planners, and fresh sheets are definitely on there!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:45 am

I think we have two or three expansion packs. We also have What the Meme which is hilarious!
      A list of 100 happy things sounds like an AWESOME thing to reference. I should have one of those for dark days!

7. Nadine March 27, 2018 / 10:56 am

Mario Kart and wine make my list too!!! I am the last person on the planet to not have played cards against humanity. It is on our amazon wish list but we never have people over to play with and you cant really play with just two people soooo. I need to find more friends lol.

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:46 am

I only get to play Mario Kart when my brother comes in town since K won’t play video games. Lol
      GIRL- you would LOVE Cards Against Humanity! Find the game and some friends fast! Haha!

8. Kelly @ Noodle to the Rescue March 27, 2018 / 11:08 am

I love this list! Definitely a good reminder to me to focus on all the little and big things that bring us joy. As usual I’m feeling pretty worn out this time of year too.

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:47 am

I can’t imagine how overwhelming this time of year is for accountants and anyone in the tax profession! You definitely need a happiness list to get ya through the next few weeks! โค

9. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) March 27, 2018 / 11:36 am

I do this too when I’m feeling in the dumps. It really does make a difference. Sometimes I list all the naughty things Max has done that day that has made me laugh. I mean I yell in the moment but then I smother him in kisses afterwards and tell him that he’s a good cat. Yes, he gets mixed messages around behavior! I love clear blue skies, a good book, a satisfying meal, clean sheets (seriously those are the best) and good blogging buddies. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:52 am

A good book, a satisfying meal, and great blogging buddies are definitely great additions to my list!! I love those things, too.
      Oh man… Lylee is such a stinker and she makes me mad in the moment, but it’s always funny once some time has passed.

10. Stephanie Mellor Doyle March 27, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Always a good exercise to get me out of a mood. Not necessarily a bad mood, just a freaking mood, you know?

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:53 am

Totally get it. Those moods get to me more often than I’d like to admit. Ugh!

11. Carolann March 27, 2018 / 1:49 pm

This is a great idea to help youself feel better. I made Nick a bunch of cards to take with hum on deployment. I like to write things like, “open when….” On one of them I wrote, “Open when you’re sad,” and I just listed a bunch of htings that I know makes him happy!! I need to make my own list now!!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:54 am

You do need your own list!
      I love all the little things you send with him! I bet that card is really going to make his day!!

12. chelsea @ the new wifestyle March 27, 2018 / 2:05 pm

i really love this audrey! i started doing something like this a few years ago when my depression/anxiety was getting the best of me. any time i thought something negative, i had to come up with 3 positives on the spot. things like this really helps – hope you’re enjoying a cup-a-noodle for lunch ๐Ÿ™‚

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 11:55 am

Thank you! I have a pretty easy time drowning in anxiety and sadness so lists like these are the perfect ladder for climbing out. It’s tough to be sad when you’re playing with a dog or getting lost at Hogwarts ๐Ÿ™‚

13. shelldbell March 27, 2018 / 7:09 pm

Well that is just a delightful list! Most of those would be on my list too.

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 12:06 pm

It’s just something about clean sheets and a quality travel mug, ya know??

14. Kristen from Pugs & Pearls March 27, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I’ve been feeling slightly off this week as well! Love the idea of thinking of things that make you happy. Fresh sheets are absolutely the best thing in the world!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 12:14 pm

What is it with this time of year?? Sheesh!
      Having a list on hand of things like this is necessary to my spring survival. Lol

15. Emma @ Adventures of a London Kiwi March 28, 2018 / 5:05 am

My husband gets furstrated with Spring too! I love the idea of this list…!

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 12:29 pm

It’s just not a good time for us! Lol
      Although once I get some clean sheets and iced coffee I’m usually ok.

16. Jana @ Jana Says March 28, 2018 / 2:25 pm

I just wrote a similar post for tomorrow. Iced coffee and music were on my list, too.

• Audrey March 28, 2018 / 4:25 pm

I can’t wait to read it!!

17. Akaleistar March 28, 2018 / 9:21 pm

What a great list! Fresh sheets make me happy, too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Audrey March 29, 2018 / 8:49 am

There’s just something so relaxing and joyful about sliding between fresh, clean sheets!