Chats with K

Last Saturday marked 11 years with Kyle. The original “chat with K” occurred on that day in 2007.

Me: Guess what? My parents finally decided it’d be ok* if we dated!
K: Cool!
Me: …so…?
K: Well, I guess we’re dating now.

Always the romantic, friends.
*There’s an age gap between us (and I was 17) so we wanted our relationship to be ok with my parents before we called a square a square.

Alright, now our more recent conversations…

I have a lot of these today…

K: If we have a kid that wants to race go-karts I could get behind that. I’d sponsor the shit out of their car.
Me: The fact that you just said “kid” and not “son” is pretty much why I married you.

Me: If you were going to throw me a surprise party what would I want?
K: Quidditch.
Me: I… uh… yeah, actually. But that’s not what I was going to say.
K: That’s because I know you better than you know you.

Me: What time are we starting this landscaping project on Saturday?
K: Your dad and I will probably go get the stone around 6am.
Me: …so I should probably reschedule my 8am massage?
K: *glares* I’d say use your best judgement.

K kills a flying against the counter with his hand and looks at me proudly.
Me: You’re gonna clean that up, right?
K calls Lylee over and swipes the dead fly onto the floor. Dog eats it.
K: I did it.

While driving in the car…
K: Pick some music to jam out to. You always want to talk. I don’t get to jam with you in the car anymore.
Me: I would LOVE to not talk to you and jam out, thanks.

Me: I think you think I’m mean to you.
K *grumbles*
Me: I’m not mean to you. I just treat you like an adult. Don’t you want to be treated like an adult?
K: *sneezes all over the seat next to him without covering his mouth and grins* Does that answer your question?

After bitching at him for leaving clothes all over the kitchen…
Me: Kyle, I work hard all day and then come straight home and clean. You come straight home and mess.
K: But what would you clean if I didn’t mess? We’re like two peas.
Me: It’s about to get murderous up in this pod.

Me: Make me an egg.
K just looks at me.
Me: Enzo, go make me an egg.
K: You’ve eaten several time today.
Me: It’s called “healthy”, Kyle. It improves your metabolism.
K: …one of those times it was Doritos.

That’ll do it for this round of chats.

24 thoughts on “Chats with K

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:14 pm

Always the romantic… lol

1. Erin October 23, 2018 / 6:48 am

Oh my I love these. I want to hang with you two in real life someday. Weโ€™d definitely have the best time. Also, 11 years?? Thatโ€™s so crazy! Mister Man and I arenโ€™t even to 10 yet!!

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Ummm. YES. I’ll let K know that our next vacation will be to your new house. Hahahaha.

2. Rebecca Jo October 23, 2018 / 9:08 am

I just told Ricky the same thing this weekend “I know you better than you know you” – but I love your conversation centered around HP.
    The massage one made me seriously LOL
    WHAT IS IT WITH MEN JUST THROWING CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR???????????

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:16 pm

He always makes me love him a percentage more when he references Harry Potter. Hahaha.
      SERIOUSLY, though. Or strewn about the kitchen! UGH.

3. Lauren Becker October 23, 2018 / 9:31 am

Hah! These are great. I love the Harry Potter one…I’d be down for a Quidditch party. I also like that he said “kid” and not “son.” He’s got that right! And congrats on 11 years; that’s awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:17 pm

I would love a Quidditch party. Now it’s on him to plan that ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Thank you!

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:17 pm

Lol, thanks! Sometimes I definitely roll my eyes in the moment…. Hahahahaha.

4. Dani October 23, 2018 / 11:07 am

I don’t think Doritos count! The peas/pod one is my favorite haha. Happy (belated) anniversary!

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:18 pm

Doritos are essentially grain and dairy. Totally healthy.
      Hahaha ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks!

5. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) October 23, 2018 / 12:26 pm

Awww … I always love these. My favorite is the fly one, only because I’d be K in the situation and Max would eat the fly. ๐Ÿ˜€ And quidditch. LOL! Seriously, though, how much fun would that be?

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:19 pm

I knew exactly what he was going to do before he did it with Lylee and the fly. Lol.

6. Nadine October 23, 2018 / 12:50 pm

Hahahahahaha murderous in the pod. You are cracking me up! But like really, does no man know where the laundry basket is?? Zoe says “oh no!!!! ” and picks up Chris’s clothes and walks them to the laundry basket. I keep telling her to show daddy how to do that.

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Zoe can come show Kyle how it’s done once she’s done teaching Chris. Lol. Kyle leaves his button ups on the backs of the dining room chairs and I want to LIGHT THEM ON FIRE. The laundry room is 15 steps away. TAKE IT THERE. Lol

7. Ashley October 23, 2018 / 1:13 pm

OMG! I feel like Chris and I have had the picking up/cleaning conversations before too! And that’s too funny that this was the anniversary of when y’all started dating!

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:21 pm

I would just leave his clothes where they lie to teach him a lesson, but I dated him when he was younger and I KNOW how his bedroom looked. It would not teach him anything- he’d thrive in the mess. Lol

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:21 pm

He was across the room when he said his little quip. I doubt he’d have felt safe to say that if he was within arm’s distance. Lol.

8. Emelia Lawrence October 23, 2018 / 9:09 pm

omg the clothes in the kitchen is totally our house and same convo – i love that i’m not alone. these have me cracking up! guess we’re dating now.

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:22 pm

Like… how can you only make it to the kitchen before you start peeling off layers?! And the laundry room is ONE room away! You can’t make it another 15 steps??!
      Lol

9. StephTheBookworm October 24, 2018 / 12:28 pm

Aww happy anniversary!

I love the use your best judgment one. Hahaha!

• Audrey October 24, 2018 / 4:23 pm