Alright, let’s do it!
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month?
Sharing baby’s sex with everyone. I think most people were hoping for a girl ♥ And I love that I don’t have to tip-toe with pronouns anymore.
2. What’s your favorite game?
I love playing games. Life used to be my favorite. I love Trivial Pursuit (HP edition for sure), Cards Against Humanity, Ticket to Ride… Anything, honestly. (K hates games!)
3. If you could teach one subject in school, what would it be?
4. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
This is shallow, but when people compliment my make up/skin I feel so good. Also, when people compliment my writing.
5. What is your favorite birthday cake?
I don’t really like cake, but yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting is delicious.
6. What is one thing you still have from your childhood?
… I have many things. But my stuffed bunny (named Bunny) sits on my nightstand and have been with me since birth.
7. What is something you can’t do?
Umm. Run a 5K. A push up. Wash a car without leaving soap spots. I’m sure I could do these things if I put forth the effort. I never think about what I can’t do so I’m kind of clueless on this one.
8. Window or aisle seat?
It doesn’t matter. I’m nervous either way. I usually sit aisle but still end up glancing out the window. K prefers window.
9. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween & Christmas Eve.
10. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now?
Some John Mayer, 90s country women, and 00s rock alternative.
11. If you could raid one woman’s closet, who would it be?
Sloan Sabbith on The Newsroom. I never dress that professional but if I did…
12. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 12?
13. What is something you will not be doing in ten years?
That I’m doing right now? Being pregnant. Lol
14. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn?
Bringing others down will never lift you up.
15. How do you start your day?
I sleep in past my alarm, then get up when I hear the dogs needing out.
16. Would you ever live anywhere besides where you do now?
For pleasure? Switzerland. For work? Texas.
17. What is your favorite dessert? Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Ice cream & creme brûlée ♥ Beyond that, I don’t eat much dessert.
18. Where was the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
I don’t know… Disney is always fun. The trips to Europe were great. I was a little sh*t, but our trip outwest was incredible. Recently, our Phoenix trip was a really great one!
19. Favorite Disney animal?
Rajah, closely followed by Abu, Meeko, and the Cheshire Cat.
20. What is a book you are planning on reading?
Little Fires Everywhere is up next.
21. What is something you’re tired of?
People arguing against common sense/human decency/overall compassion.
And this dumb as sh*t, blatantly racist “president.”
22. What’s your favorite exercise?
HAHAHAHA. I guess yoga if I had to pick.
23. What was your worst subject in school?
Algebra & chemistry.
24. What animal do you identify with most?
For sure a raccoon.
25. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Coffee or nothing. Sometimes a breakfast sandwich.
26. What is something you wish you could be good at?
A second language. Or sign language.
27. Skiing or surfing?
Skiing hurts my hip and I’ve never been surfing.
28. First celebrity crush?
29. What color was your prom dress?
Junior year it was periwinkle. Senior year it was orange & black.
30. How do you manage stress?
Honestly, cry. But also breathe, take a bath, read a book, sip a hot beverage.
31. Age when you were first kissed?
A real kiss? I was 15.
32. Favorite fashion trend of all time?
Are sweatshirts a fashion trend? If not, skinny jeans.
33. What is your current favorite piece of clothing that you own?
I have a cropped dino hooded sweatshirt from Erica and I love it with a black tank. And I’m SUPER excited to have a bump this fall and have the crop land right at the bump. I think it’ll be adorable. I also bought maternity overalls (that K HATES) and I can’t wait to wear them in the fall.
34. Shoes or bags?
Seriously. Sweatshirts. I don’t give a rat’s about shoes or bags. Lol
35. How do you know if you’re in love?
You’re willing to make the biggest sacrifices for that person- but you know that they’d never ask you to. They still drive you nuts and have bad habits and annoy you- but you never love them less.
Also, as an introvert, they’re the one person you know you can spend forever with.
36. Television show you’ve binged on recently?
K has been watching NCIS: LA so I have seen too many episodes, too. Lol. Also, High Seas & Formula 1: Drive to Survive on Netflix.
37. Who do you turn to when you’re sad?
Kyle or Aubrey.
38. What are you most enchanted by?
This is weird, but I love watching lovely, natural, kind, engaging people work a room at a party. I stare and it’s weird. K has called me out before. That’s just NOT my personality and I find it so enchanting and mesmerizing to watch!
39. What is your biggest strength?
In almost all emergency situations I think very logically and evenly. I don’t freak out or react when someone gets hurt or something goes horribly wrong. I usually try to stay calm and assist in whatever way I can- either jumping in and taking the lead or just calming people down and proving aid.
Then once everything is over and I’m all alone, I break down over it. LOL
40. What is your biggest weakness?
I hate it when people are mad at or disappointed in me. For the most part I don’t care what people think, but I am sensitive to the opinions of those closest to me.
41. What are 3 words to describe living in your city?
Monochromatic (although it’s getting better), Blue Collar, Homespun.
42. Cutest thing on planet Earth?
Watching Enzo and Lylee play together. Or when they carry stuffed toys around the house.
43. Favorite color?
Yellow. Closely followed by purple, grey, & black.
44. Favorite time of day?
On weekends it’s first thing in the morning. On weekdays it’s when we get home from work and lounge with the dogs for a bit.
45. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them?
Their eye contact and how they treat the people around us.
I really scaled this thing back, but it was just the right length for me. If you want all 73 questions to answer yourself go check out Emelia’s blog!
How would you answer some of these?