The last three months of the year are my favorite. I love colorful trees and cool weather, I love fall fashion (a.k.a. jeans and a sweatshirt) and fall foods, and I love how seamlessly fall becomes winter- November flurries, Christmas lights suddenly appear on the neighbors’ houses, leaves in the streets become drifts of snow. Also, does anyone else love a blue dusk? I know summer and fall have the prettiest sunsets, but I just LOVE how the sky turns blue at the end of a winter day!
In September I made two separate posts for my Fall Goals and my Fall Bucket List. Apparently this was my ‘get it done’ season because I most certainly did. With the first day of winter a week away and Sara & Steph‘s link-up on Friday, here’s a recap of my fall season + some goals for winter.
The FALL Bucket List
Go to a local apple orchard & bring home a bushel small bag of apples
Thanks to my mother- & sister-in-laws for going with me!
Get all the fall decor out & around the house
And now we’re on to Christmas decor!
Visit a few fall craft shows (preferably with Mom)
Mom & I went to one little festival, but technically it’s a CHECK
Pick out some bright orange pumpkins Carve said pumpkins(preferably with Fred & Christina)
I carved them alone, but that’s ok
Drink lots of apple cider Get a PSLDONE 😉 I checked this off at the start… ha Host our annual Halloween Party
It was a 90s theme and it was a success!
Take the dogs to a local park or nature trail for hikes
Ly and I went hiking- it was too chilly/long for Enzo
- Visit a haunted house
- Bake a few new fall cookie
(No, but I failed HARD with these… Ha!)
Fall vacation with the husband
Charlotte and Myrtle Beach
Add a few classy, seasonal pieces to my wardrobe
Thank you, Old Navy
- Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Create & enjoy a fire pit area in our yard
We created it… ‘enjoying’ it is a different story…
The FALL Goals
Paint the front door (I’m bloody determined to make this happen.)| YES. Done!
- Keep with the #30DayYogaChallenge that I signed up for | I went 13 or 14 days straight, then I got sick and fell off the wagon *sigh*
- After the challenge is over continue to practice yoga weekly | Nah.
Continue volunteeringweekly | Try bi-weekly… Order 3 year photos for scrapbook Get invites out for Halloween Party Walk/bike to workat least twice a week | Not twice a week, but I walked to work occasionally. Create a fire pit area in the backyard| Ok, so we upgraded the backyard and added a concrete pad & fire pit area, but our neighbor straight-up lost his mind and went passive aggressive psycho on us. As in, called the fire dept. (911!) to report our small, legal, backyard fire. Like, walk your ass over and talk to us like an adult, dude. It’s been a headache, and I’m leaving out a ton of detail, but things seem to be resolved and we’ve had fires in our backyard since. (Seriously, though. People are insane sometimes. )
- Get all the pieces of my Halloween costume together BEFORE the week of the party | Ha. No. We rush ordered my costume. But whatever, we looked fly.
- One crockpot meal a week (
**buy crockpot liners!) | At least I bought some liners… Hardcore wash the dog beds & blankets| Multiple times, in fact
- Wait until the end of Nov. to break out Christmas stuff | I lasted until mid-ish November…
Get X-mas shopping done!| Most of it!
I did OK with the goals. I straight up killed the bucket list. Thank you to everyone that helped! (After reading the goals results I feel like I should post about our exterior home improvements. Is that of interest to anyone?)
OK, on to some Winter Goals…
- Make a meal planning journal and, like, actually do it
- Wash all window treatments & cushion slips
- Write thank you notes for Christmas gifts
- Get Lylee on a walk schedule again
- Clean the junk out of the basement
- Hire someone to come in and clean the carpets
Keeping it short and sweet this season!