First and foremost, happy ADOPT-A-VERSARY TO OUR BABIES! Five years ago today we brought Lylee home from a friend who couldn’t keep her. K and I were unmarried, I’d just finished college, and we were living separately- me in my parents’ basement. A year later (totally unintentional) we brought Enzo home from a rescue. We’d been married for 7 months and just bought our first home. We were living so differently than when we got Ly. Now, half a decade later, life is so, so different. It’s very strange to look back. I stand by my declaration that bringing Ly and Enzo into our lives are two of the best decisions we’ve ever made.
Guys, if you can, adopt a dog. You’ll save a life and gain a best friend ❤︎
Originally these were two separate posts, but I’ve decided to combine them and link up with Kristen and Gretch. Also, I’d like to petition to start “winter” around the end of November. December 21st is just too late.
And now a brief fall recap…
- Go to at least two fall festivals
Yankee Peddler Sept. 9 & 10, 16 & 17, or 23 & 24
Move into the new house! (We close the first week of Oct.)
Host our annual Halloween Party!
Visit a nursery and get some mums for the front porch
Get a bay of straw for the front porch
- Work on meal planning and try out these recipes:
Find a walk route in the new neighborhood with pups
- Get a few rooms in the house decorated
Living room Ehh, it’s mostly done. Stuff needs hung.
- Master bedroom Still needs painted & artwork.
- My office Needs a miracle. Woof.
Get 25% of my Xmas shopping done by the end of Oct.
- Visit an apple orchard
- Bake a new fall cookie No cookies but two different cupcake recipes!
Drink some apple cider
Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Beetlejuice
Find cute booties (*part of 30×30 list) Yaaaas!
- Take a dog or two on a hike (*part of 30×30 list) Happening this month w/ E!
- Scrapbook. Even a little bit. Just get something done… lol *office in shambles
- Dog park with E (in Columbus)
- Homemade ice cream, damn it *face palm*
Only made it to one festival but I’m ok with that. Our annual Halloween Party went well 🙂 I visited a nursery with my mom, but bought nothing. Then my mother-in-law gifted me some mums for my birthday. I think that means I can check that off. I bought straw and pumpkins the day we signed on the house! Then my brother and sister-in-law carved them with me the night before our party 🙂
Overall I think I accomplished enough. Fall was really hectic and stressful for me this year. I didn’t enjoy it and, while I’m sad about that, I think it’s good to recognize that I overloaded myself and put too much pressure on me/us. We’ve slid into winter much more slowly and delicately.
As of now, I’m starting on my winter to-do list ❄️
Order / address / send Christmas cards
- Girls’ trip with my ladies*
Weekend shopping trip with Mom
- Finish all the Christmas shopping
- Make some big decisions regarding the business
- Complete 50% of my Christmas Movie List
- Trim the tree and finish decorating the house
- Post some kind of home tour/Christmas tour of house
- Make some Christmas cutout cookies
- Do something fun in the snow! (sledding, build a snowman, etc.)
- Come up with some 2018 goals/resolutions/a word
- Start planning something for our 5 year anniversary (April 2018)
- Get all our stuff out of M&D’s basement
- Got through that stuff and purge all that we can live without
Fall Winter walk with a dog or two*
- Make. Freaking. Ice Cream.
- Get my office set up
- Look into getting the bedroom painted
*denotes items from my 30×30 list
I won’t lie… my Christmas cards have been sent, my girls’ trip is happening this weekend in a remote cabin in southern Ohio, and my mom and I have already done our shopping trip (which I’m hoping becomes an annual thing). Whatever, man. Sometimes you need a few surefire things when it comes to goals and checklists.
Will I ever make ice cream in my ice cream maker? Only time will tell.