Hello, my friends.
I’m so glad this week is over. I’m also happy that for the second time in a row I have a free weekend. (Prior to these past two weekends we were so swamped!) This week K has been off on business, so I’ve been flying solo. And since the Grinch was away this elf was at play 🙂 I started listening to Christmas music this week and I’ve mostly transformed our house from spooky graveyard to winter wonderland.
(I know some folks out there feel like Thanksgiving gets the short end of the stick when it comes to people like me. Not true, guys. My dining room table has a festive little fall centerpiece and I fully welcome Turkey-Day in the whole “holiday season” club. I get the same thankful, joyful vibe all through November and December, so I’m not going to fight the urge. No harm in decorating the mantel and hanging the stockings.)
In November I try to establish some kind of social media thankful-post. This year I’m sharing a weekly Instagram pic that sums up a few things I’m thankful for each week. I’ve done blog posts and Facebook statuses in the past, but I think I prefer the weekly post (vs. daily) and I enjoy sharing a picture from my week!
I’m still not ready to talk about the election. I deactivated my FB this week because I’m upset and I just need to avoid the gloating/hate/fear/anger/sadness. I’m worried about the next four years. I will never quietly tolerate xenophobia, homophobia, misogyny, sexism, or racism. I know a lot of people feel the same way, but I’m just not ready to talk about this.
Ok, so I promised some favorites from the blog-world. Here they are:
- There’s no shame in my Christmastime game. Here are some free printables!
- Wednesday morning was hard, but Chelsea’s post really helped me.
- It took a lot of courage for Amanda to write this post. I’d say my outlook is very similar to hers in terms of this material world.
- Emma posted this reminder before our clustercuss of an election, but now it resonates even deeper with me ❤︎
- Yes, please. I’ll take one (or four) of everything here! Thanks, Taylor!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Like I said, I’m 100% plan-less, but that doesn’t mean I won’t end up in Columbus or Indianapolis for a few hours this weekend. Who knows? 🙂