Today is my Friday & I’m not mad about it. I hope you’re getting some time off this weekend, too!
I like keeping my seasonal goals separated, but I’m going to combined bucket list items for spring and summer because these two season are very bleh to me and melt together in my head anyway.
Here’s my list for spring and summer:
- Go to a major or minor league baseball game
- Visit the farmers market at least twice
- Go on anniversary trip to Gettysburg*
- Go to country summer concert with friends (K.Chesney, Old Dominion, T. Rhett)
- Go to summer concert with K (Jimmy Eat World)
- Finish cleaning stuff out of M&D’s basement
- Finish purging unnecessary stuff
- Have a garage sale at new house!
- Go to the outdoor rootbeer stand (Fundays)
- Go swimming!
- Go to Trumpet in the Land (outdoor play)*
- Follow 5 new blogs
- Set up home office
- Set up basement workout space
- Scrapbook & finish year 3*
- Summer vacation?
- Paint the bedroom
- MAKE SOME DAMN ICE CREAM
Seriously, though. I need to make some flipping ice cream or give it all up and sell the machine. (#pathetic) The asterisks denote items on my 30×30 list. Some of these are guaranteed like Gettysburg and the concerts.
All of these are doable & hopefully I can check off some tasks that have been on the list for a while. What are your plans for the warm weather months?
Hope you have a great weekend and a Happy Easter!
Hi ya! We’re tackling three things in this post today:
- 2017 goals check in
- Winter goals recap
- Spring goals reveal
(Original post here.)
(As in eat better & exercise.) Ehh… not doing so hot here. We’re eating at home more often, but exercise has been a complete no-go.
Feel Less Guilty About Downtime.
(Less guilt when lounging/reading/unwinding.) I think I’m getting better here. We’ve be so busy all year so I can’t quite get a handle on the balance of responsibilities vs. relaxation.
(Last year I read 25 books. This year I’m aiming for 40.) According to Goodreads I’ve read 9 books this year and I’m two ahead of schedule. Cool!
Become a Morning Person.
(Less snooze button and rushing, more consistency and chill.) HA. No. Still working on it. I just love sleeping (in).
Get on Schedule.
(As in meal planning, cleaning, dog maintenance, etc.) I’ve been great about a meal and blog schedule. Now it’s time to focus on cleaning and home maintenance.
(The original list appears here in this monstrous post.)
Make a meal planning journal and, like, actually do itWe’ve been REALLY good about meal planning! Every once in a while I skip a day or we opt for take out, but so far I’ve been making lists and planning meals each and every week!
all window treatments & cushion slips
Partially done… Whoops.
Write thank you notes for Christmas gifts
- Get Lylee on a walk schedule again
- Clean the junk out of the basement
- Hire someone to come in and clean the carpets
So overall I did pretty terrible with the seasonal goals. Ha. I’ll be rolling most of these over into spring I guess…
- Wash cushion slips
- Scrub grease build-up off cabinets
- Replace/fix water heater
- Get Ly on a walk schedule again
- Clean junk out of basement
- Hire someone to come & clean the carpets
- Finish 3 year scrapbook
- Order pics for year 4
These are all doable AND borderline necessary. So… here’s to hoping I get them crossed off!
Linking up with Sara & Steph (tomorrow)! What are your spring goals?