Christmas Movies to Stream

I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving. No denying it now- we’re officially officially into the Christmas seasonΒ πŸŽ„

Last year I put together a list of classic Christmas movies and I did my best to watch as many as I could. I’m married to someone with a heart slightly larger than the Grinch (pre-Cindy Lou Who), so we don’t binge holiday films every single night. (You can bet your ass I still play holiday music all the time, though.) We almost always watch The Polar Express and The Santa Clause, though. And I like to watch Miracle on 34th Street and White Christmas and all the 1970s stop motion films.

Anyway, this year I’m talking over the apps and watching some cheesy Netflix (& Hulu & Amazon Prime) Christmas movies. I kind of feel like those platforms are giving Hallmark a run for its money! Here are the movies I want to see:

The Royal Ones
A Christmas Prince
A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding
The Princess Switch

The Convenient Love Ones
Holiday Engagement
Christmas With A View
A Christmas in NY (hulu)

The Small Town Feels Ones
Christmas Inheritance
Coffee Shop
A Merry Friggin’ Christmas (Amazon Prime)

The Magical Ones
The Holiday Calendar
The Christmas Chronicles
How Sarah Got Her Wings

The Classics
The Grinch
White Christmas
Love Actually
Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas
Miracle on 34th Street (hulu)
It’s a Wonderful Life (Amazon Prime)

I should note that I’ve already watched A Christmas Prince and The Princess Switch. (Yay, sick days.) Both were cheesy but cute. Which is the norm, I think. Lol. All of these are Netflix films unless otherwise noted.

What holiday movies are you streaming this year?

24 thoughts on “Christmas Movies to Stream

1. Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog November 27, 2018 / 9:35 am

I am excited to fit in some of these cheesy movies myself. Netflix has so many!!! Glad to see Hulu and Amazon have some too.

• Audrey November 28, 2018 / 9:02 am

Honestly, the plot gets a little redundant for me but they’re just so *feel good*! I think all the romance books I read this year got me ready for the Hallmark/Christmas movie season. Ha!

2. StephTheBookworm November 27, 2018 / 11:08 am

This list is awesome! I’m all about the Hallmark movies this time of year, but these sound fun too!

• Audrey November 28, 2018 / 9:03 am

I’m terrible at catching Hallmark and Lifetime movies at the beginning. Hahahaha. I like that I can start and pause the NF/hulu/AP movies whenever I want to. LOL

3. A Mindful Migration (@MindfulMigrate) November 27, 2018 / 1:10 pm

I almost always watch Elf. Sometimes I don’t watch the whole movie in one sitting but catch pieces throughout the season. πŸ˜€ I also really love White Christmas too. And Love Actually too, which I don’t always consider a Christmas movie but tis the season that they play it constantly! A good Christmas movie should be a little sappy, right?

• Audrey November 28, 2018 / 9:05 am

Don’t hate me…. but I REALLY don’t like Elf. LOL. I won’t go as far as “hate”, but it’s not my fav. White Christmas, on the other hand, is a dang classic & I love it and THE FASHION. I feel ok about Love Actually but freaking LOVE The Family Stone.

4. Amanda Bumgarner November 27, 2018 / 3:26 pm

Yaaaas. I keep seeing the ad for Princess Switch, and I want to see it! Glad you liked it. Good list!

• Audrey November 28, 2018 / 9:06 am

I mean, it’s ridiculously cute but equally cheesy πŸ˜‰ I enjoyed it on my sick day, though. A perfect little feel-good movie with minimal drama and “misunderstanding.”

5. Julie Hood November 27, 2018 / 3:37 pm

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!! We are doing our one-christmas-movie-a-night tradition leading up to Christmas, and already I was doubting if we’d make it all the way. Thanks for these suggestions!!!!!

• Audrey November 28, 2018 / 9:07 am

You. Are. Welcome! One Christmas movie a night would NEVER fly in our house. Hahaha. Kyle would move out. Everyone is watching Hallmark films and last night he put on Revenge of the Nerds *eyeroll* Oh well- I watch them when I’m alone (or when I kick him out of the living room).

6. Emelia Lawrence November 28, 2018 / 9:07 am

THANK YOU for this- I love finding new Christmas movies. I have watched Home Alone 5 times already, it’s my all time favorite movie so this time of the year it gets watched even more πŸ˜‰

• Audrey November 28, 2018 / 9:31 am

You’re welcome! It’s so funny that Home Alone is your fav. We’re Polar Express people. (But also, those 70s stop motion movies are my JAM. K isn’t as fond of them.) These cheesy little happy romance holiday movies are mindless happiness that I can totally get behind.

7. kellynotkatie November 28, 2018 / 11:43 am

The cheesy Christmas movies are the BEST! I love all the Hallmark Christmas movies – they’re all predictable and basically have the same plot, but YES I will watch and enjoy as many of them as I possibly can!!!

• Audrey November 30, 2018 / 2:00 pm

I agree πŸ™‚ Perfect mindless (happy) entertainment while sipping on coco or wrapping gifts or cleaning the house!

8. Kay November 28, 2018 / 1:52 pm

Girl I have not watched a Christmas movie for the season. Its crazy.

Im going to print this list ha

• Audrey November 30, 2018 / 2:01 pm

What?! Get on it!! I hope your weekend is full of Christmas movies πŸ˜‰

9. Confuzzled Bev November 29, 2018 / 6:59 am

I’ve somehow never seen Love Actually…

Which Miracle on 34th Street? The 90s one or the original? I’ve only ever seen the 90s version.

• Audrey November 30, 2018 / 2:02 pm

It’s a cute movie. It’s not my favorite or anything, but I enjoy it. Especially the Prime Minister and Natalie story πŸ™‚ I like both 34th Streets. I guess it’s one of my husband’s favorites, too. I prefer the older one but he likes the newer one best.

10. Rebecca Jo November 29, 2018 / 10:19 am

I cant wait to watch the 2nd Christmas Prince… I loved the corny of it last year.
    & SOOOO cant wait to watch The Princess Switch
    & the christmas Chronicles. Kurt Russell as Santa freaks me out a little though πŸ™‚

• Audrey November 30, 2018 / 2:06 pm

So corny, haha!! The Princess Switch was adorable yet cheesy. As holiday movies should be. My mom was just tell me how much she loved The Christmas Chronicles! She said she nearly watched it again the second night!! Lol

11. Lauren Becker November 30, 2018 / 6:17 pm

I’m trying to keep up with what comes out on Hallmark and Lifetime. I tend to want to watch the ones with actors and actresses I know, like I watched The Christmas Inn with Tia Mowry and that was cute. Lifetime has some goodies this year for sure. I need to check out Netflix.

• Audrey December 3, 2018 / 11:21 am

I never have any idea about HM and LT. I just turn stuff on when I’m home and need a mindless movie πŸ™‚ I’ve seen two super cute movies on Hallmark so far this year πŸ™‚

12. Jae December 4, 2018 / 9:41 pm

Thanks for sharing this list, Louise! Roan and I are getting so into the holiday spirit lately, so this may come in handy on nights when we wanna watch a movie. So far, we’ve only seen The Grinch and The Princess Switch!

• Audrey December 7, 2018 / 8:50 am

No problem!! I hope you guys find some time to sit down and check some of these movies off your list πŸ™‚