Whoopsies- so much for M W F this week… I had yesterday off (hopefully you did, too!) so I’m a day late with this post!
So hold on to your hats, folks…
Number Of Books You Read: 25
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
*Last year I read one book. I set a lofty goal for 2016 and didn’t meet it, but I’m very glad to have read 25 books.
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
Cress [Marissa Meyer] & Orphan Train [Christina Baker Kline]
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Harry Potter & the Curse Child [John Tiffany, Jack Thorne, JK Rowling]
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Secret Daughter [Shilpi Somaya Gowda] – I didn’t think I’d like this book or connect with it, but it was really enjoyable and it has stuck with me.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read?
Probably The Lunar Chronicles. Sorry guys, haha.
5. Best series you started/sequel/series ender of 2016?
You can probably guess…
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Probably Marissa Meyer. I’m excited to start Winter and then get her new book, Heartless!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Royal We [Heather Cock & Jessica Morgan] – I hardly ever read romance or books set in our decade.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/un-put-down-able book of the year?
Orphan Train – Not necessary an action book, but I couldn’t put it down.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
None… Very rarely do I re-read books. Just the HP series & Alice in Wonderland.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Tina Fey in Bossypants. Is it cheating to use a real person? Whatever; I love her.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Peter Pan [J.M. Barrie] – I liked his occasional disregard for the 4th wall.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
None of them really. Wench [Dolen Perkins Valdez] was the toughest/one that stuck with me most.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
Bossypants. I’m ashamed that I still haven’t read the handful of comedian autobiographies that are on my TBR list.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
I should keep a book journal where I jot this stuff down… but I don’t.
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
The Queen’s Army at 18 pages & Cress with 560 pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I’d say Orphan Train was the one that kept surprising me and taking me down paths I didn’t expect.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Amory and Milo (Death Wear a Mask/Murder at the Brightwell [Ashley Weaver] )
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Carswell & Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles)
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Witches [Roald Dahl].
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Many of my picks come from other blogger recommendations. If y’all hadn’t suggested The Royal We I’d have never read it! (Thanks, guys!)
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Carswell. Or Wolf. Ha. (The Lunar Chronicles)
And here’s a list of all the books I read in 2016 with links to their reviews.
Let’s end with some graphs:
So there ya have it. Next year I think I’d like to tackle 40 books. That roughly 3 and one third books per month- seems manageable.
What are your reading goals for next year? What was your favorite book of 2016?