Before we begin, I need everyone to lift their right hand and repeat after me:
I solemnly swear that I will not judge Audrey for the classic films she has not (yet) seen.
Alright, now we can continue.
Today is the initial confession where I list the movies I’d like to watch this season. I don’t watch a ton of tv, so I have to be pretty intentional about finding time to sit down (usually on a weekend night) and watching these movies.
When winter comes a-knocking, I will share my thoughts on the films that I’ve happened to watch. And then maybe do the same thing for winter movies *shrug*. Some of these have a Halloween vibe, but they’re mostly not traditional Halloween movies.
And what movies are they, you might ask?
- Practical Magic; 1998 [HBO Max]
- Death Becomes Her; 1992 [Hulu]
- Sleepless in Seattle; 1993 [Hulu]
- You’ve Got Mail; 1998 [Hulu]
- When Harry Met Sally; 1989 [Netflix]
- St. Elmo’s Fire; 1985 [HBO Max]
- Mystic Pizza; 1988 [HBO Max]
- Election; 1999 [Showtime/Hulu]
- Little Women; 2019
- Friday Night Lights; 2004
Ten is good number to end on. I wanted to add Fantastic Mr. Fox but that’d be a lie because I’ve already seen it and I love it to death. I just wanted an excuse for a re-watch. But ten is good so I won’t add a bonus film. (BUT you should watch it this fall if you haven’t seen it!)
So there we go. I know you’re dying to know my thoughts on these films. Stand by.