Very OK with saying “goodbye” to 2021. Hopefully there’s more health, wealth, and reading in the new year. Honestly, just the first of those three would be fantastic.
Number Of Books You Read: 20
Genre You Read The Most From: Thriller/Mystery
*Last year I read 13 books, so I like the way I’m trending. My GR goal was 15 so I reached that one. Next year we’re upping it to 20.
1. Best Book You Read In 2021?
We Are the Brennans [Tracey Lange] & Malibu Rising [Taylor Jenkins Reid]
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You’d Love But Didn’t?
Bringing Down the Duke [Evie Dunmore]
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Great Train Robbery [Michael Crichton] – I thought I’d like it more…
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read?
The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina [Zoraida Córdova]
5. Best series you started/sequel/series ender of 2021?
Finally finished the Cursebreakers Series- A Vow so Bold & Deadly [Briged Kemmerer].
6. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I usually say thrillers are out of my wheelhouse, but I read quite a few this year. I read a nonfiction race/social justice book, though, and that was a first for me: White Fragility [Robin DiAngelo].
7. Most action-packed/thrilling/un-put-down-able book of the year?
I honestly couldn’t put down We Are the Brennans.
8. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2021?
9. Most memorable character of 2021?
I find myself thinking about the characters in Malibu Rising fairly often.
10. Most beautifully written book read in 2021?
I really loved reading The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina.
11. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2021?
Definitely No Bad Kids [Janet Lansbury] and One and Only [Lauren Sandler]
12. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2021?
Off Season [Jennifer Weiner] – 26 pages
A Vow so Bold & Deadly – 408 pages
13. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Marimar & Rey (The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina)
14. Favorite Book You Read in 2021 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
15. Best Book You Read In 2021 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Wife Stalker [Liv Constantine]
And now the graphs…
What was your favorite book of 2021?
(Thank you for hosting this link-up, Steph & Jana!!)
16 Comments Add yours
I’m so impressed at how you remember/do this!
I definitely lean on Goodreads for reminders as to how I felt about it. Lol. I almost forgot to do it all this year!
I still need to read A Vow So Bold and Deadly – I keep forgetting I own it!
Yes, girl!! Finish that series!
Nicely done! I feel like mysteries and thrillers are often go-to reads for me because they tend to read quick, and I do honestly love them!!!
Lauren @ http://www.shootingstarsmag.net
I agree. I don’t always love them, but I get through them SO fast. And in the book club I read with, they pick thrillers fairly often 🙂
I really liked Malibu Rising too!
It left such a strong feeling for me! Most of TJR’s books do that, though. Lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love the questions you answered and the graphs!
I love graphs so much.
I am in no rush to read We Are the Brennans and I’m not sure why. I hope it’s because I will love it so much and don’t want it to end in advance. LOL
Agreed. It’s satisfying to see the stats laid out like that.
For what it’s worth, I think you’ll like it. It’s got that close-knit family vibe + drama & secrets & scandel.
I actually gifted We Are The Brennans to a friend whose last name happens to be Brennan (and she’s from Long Island)! Hoping she’ll let me borrow it when she’s done. I was on the fence about Malibu Rising but I think you just pushed me over it! Going to check out that Cordova book as well. My favorite read in 2021 was Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult, which was also my first read by her.
I’ve never read a Picoult book. I’m glad you liked it!
I hope you get to read We Are the Brennans! And that you enjoy Malibu Rising. They were both just really great get-lost-in-it stories!
Interesting list 🙂 I’ve heard of most of those but haven’t ready any. Love the graphs! Thanks for sharing and happy new year.
Thank you so much! Happy New Year!
LikeLiked by 1 person